Last-minute summer pool fun
There's about one week left before the start of school. Click here to view our summer 2019 pool schedules (recreation pool, competition pool, FlowRider, wibit and aquatic fitness).
Labor Day schedule - September 2
The facility will be open on Labor Day (Monday, September 2) from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- 8-9 a.m. - Aqua Dance Fusion and River Walk/Jog
- 9-10 a.m. - HIIT
- 9-10:45 a.m. - Preschool Beach
- 10-11 a.m. - Silver Splash
- 11 a.m.-12:45 p.m. - Open rec/open surf
- 1-2:45 p.m. - Open rec/open surf
- 3-4:45 p.m. - Open rec/open surf
- 5 p.m. - Pool closed
- 8-9:30 a.m. - Masters practice
- 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. - Open lap
- 2:30-6 p.m. - Glacier Peak High School girls swim/dive practice
- 2:30-6 p.m. - Snohomish High School girls swim/dive practice
- 6-8 p.m. StingRay Swim Team practice
- 8-9:30 p.m. - Monroe High School swim/dive practice
- 8-9:30 p.m. - SnoPeak Water Polo
2019-2020 school year swim & dive lesson info
Swimming lessons save lives. Learn to swim and stay safe in and around the water. Swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center are available in group, private, and semi-private formats. Our program:
Swim instructors needed
Apply now to be a swim instructor! Candidates should be at least 15-years-old, and have availability either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday afternoons/evenings. Experience working with and/or supervising children preferred. Those interested can apply by clicking here
or by contacting Rob Serviss, aquatics manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some facility fees
to increase effective September 1
The Snohomish Aquatic Center employs about 110 lifeguards, instructors, guest services staff, party hosts and other valued employees. Employee Initiative 1433, approved by Washington voters in 2016, required a state minimum wage of $11 in 2017, $11.50 in 2018, $12 in 2019 and $13.50 in 2020. Employee pay is the biggest cost to operations at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. As a result of our increase in operational expenses, the Snohomish Aquatic Center, which opened in 2014, will adjust some of its pricing effective Sunday, September 1, 2019:
- Swim Lessons - $8/lesson
- Swim Lessons - Homeschool - $14/lesson
- Private Swim Lesson (single guest) - $37.50/lesson
- Private Swim Lesson (single guest/four lessons) - $130
- US Masters Swimming - $800/annual fee
- Snohomish School District Lane Rental - $14/hour/lane
- Public Agency Lane Rental - $17.50/hour/lane
- Non-Profit Lane Rental - $20/hour/lane
- Private Lane Rental - $22.25/hour/lane
- Swim Meet Rentals - $4,000/day
We worked hard to make the impact as minimal as possible, and in most cases, our new pricing remains at or below other area facilities. Our hope is that the Snohomish Aquatic Center continues to remain an aquatic facility welcoming of every member of our community. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to Chris Bensen, supervisor, directly at 360-563-1986 or email@example.com.
Free swim lessons for district 2nd graders
Swim for Life is offering every 2nd grader enrolled in the Snohomish School District a free session of group swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center for the 2019-2020 school year. (Note: Sessions are typically 4 or 5 weeks long, and classes are offered once or twice a week.) This community program is being funded through generous donations raised through Swim for Life. To learn how to register and other program information, visit www.sno.wednet.edu/2ndgradeswim. Swim for Life is a nonprofit organization formed by local community members who have a passion for enriching the lives of young people in our community. Its mission is to make young people safer in the water.
The Snohomish Aquatic Center will be closed for routine annual maintenance from Tuesday, September 3, through Friday, September 6. The facility will reopen on Saturday, September 7. Our fall schedules will begin on Saturday, September 7.
Pro snowboarders go with the flow
What do European pro snowboarders do when they are in the area? They head to the FlowRider at the Snohomish Aquatic Center of course! We were excited to recently welcome Patrick Rauter and Bianca Klausner to our facility!