12 Months & The 12th Man
Celebrate the power of 12!
On January 25, the Snohomish Aquatic Center celebrated its 12-month anniversary! As an extra bonus, the 12th Man is headed to the big game. The Snohomish Aquatic Center is celebrating by offering guests 12% off annual passes. Stop by Guest Services/Welcome Desk to purchase your pass today!
Note - Promotion does not include punch cards, 3-month or annual Water Fit or U.S. Master’s Swimming passes. Offer ends Sunday, February 8.
Super Bowl Sunday Schedule
The big game is almost here! Below is our facility schedule for Sunday, February 1.
- Facility opens at noon
- Open Rec Swim - Noon-2:30 p.m.
- Wibit - Noon-2:30 p.m.
- Open Surf - Noon-2:30 p.m.
- Facility closes at 2:30 p.m.
Swimming is FUNdamental
Swim, Dive & Surf Lesson Registration Information
Group swim lessons
Our next group swim lesson session starts on Monday, February 2. Swim lesson priority registration (guests already enrolled/staying in their current day and time slot or Homeschool Program guests) began on Thursday, January 22. General registration is from Thursday, January 29 through Sunday, February 1.
Our learn-to-swim program is designed to help learners of all ages and ability levels become safe and proficient in the water. Swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center:
- Are FUN!
- Serve all levels of learners—from those who are just getting familiar with the water to those who are beginner swimmers to those with competitive aspirations.
- Are tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Include opportunities for in-session advancement.
Swim lessons are available in group, private, and semiprivate formats. Classes are available for adults and guests with special needs. Click here to lean more about swim lessons - Winter Session 2 - February 2-February 28
Parent/tot classes: Age 6 – 36 months
Preschool lessons: Age 3 – 5 years
Youth lessons: Age 6 – 12 years
Teen lessons: Age 13-17 years
- Infant and toddler water adjustment classes enhance motor coordination, social skills, water adaptation and safety. Parents and children enjoy time together in the water.
Adult lessons: Age 18 - ?
- These lessons provide opportunities for teenagers of all ability levels to learn and improve upon basic water safety and swimming skills while in a class comprised of others in their own age group.
Our adult lessons provide opportunity for adults of all ability levels to receive instruction tailored to their specific needs. Whether learning to swim for the first time, or looking to improve your technique, our instructors can help adults reach their goals.
Private swim lessons
Interested in a private swim lesson or want some 1:1 time to master your strokes? We offer private lessons for $30 per 30-minute lesson (plus 5 minutes of consultation time at the end). Please visit our Welcome Desk or call (360) 568-8030 for more information. We will contact guests with an instructor who meets their needs.
This is the place for homeschoolers (K-12) to engage in aquatic exercise, as well as develop relationships with their peers. Guests will get 45 minutes of open recreation pool time and 45 minutes of swim instruction. Please visit our Welcome Desk or call (360) 568-8030 for more information.
- Classes are from 1-2:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Fees are $50/guest (once a week for 4-week session) or $100/guest (twice a week for 4-week session).
The Snohomish Aquatic Center Diving Program is designed to teach the safe and proper way to use the springboard while introducing diving FUNdamentals. Everyone progresses at his/her own level and learns new skills along the way. Most importantly – everyone has a ton of fun! Please visit our Welcome Desk or call (360) 568-8030 for more information.
This is a great way to teach youngsters in 1st through 6th grades the basics of diving. Because learning to dive involves jumping, tumbling and splashing, it’s an activity kids will really love. We help guide and develop children’s confidence and ability to try new skills in a safe and rewarding environment. This course is an entertaining start to a young person’s first sessions in the sport. We cover many aspects of diving, including balance, body control and aerial awareness. Lessons are a combination of flexibility training, diving and some basic gymnastics skills, plus teaching of discipline and sportsmanship. Our main focus is fun. Beginning diving is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m. No experience necessary!
This group is for intermediate divers who have completed all skill levels of the Beginning Diving program. Classes are designed to introduce more dives and skills to those divers who seek to compete and/or advance skill levels. Intermediate diving is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Instructor approval required.
Surf’s up at the Snohomish Aquatic Center! Flow lessons are offered in 4-week sessions that meet once per week. The cost per 4-week session is $50. Pick an ability level and lesson date/time that works for you! For more information, call (360) 568-8030 or visit Guest Services/Welcome Desk at the Snohomish Aquatic Center.
- Beginning lessons help new riders learn how to body board and introduces body boarding tricks. New riders - this is the spot for you! Beginner lessons offered Wednesdays at 5 p.m.
- Advanced lessons introduce more challenging body board tricks, stand up riding and stand up tricks. If you're a seasoned rider looking to increase your skill and add some fancy tricks to your flow repertoire, look no further! Advanced lessons offered Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
Online Registration Now Available
Interested in registering online for swim, dive or surf lessons? Please click here to create an online account and register for programs at the Snohomish Aquatic Center.
Mark Your Calendars
The Snohomish Aquatic Center has lots of great events and activities planned the coming months. We hope you will be able to join us at one or all of them. Mark your calendars and watch for more details in upcoming communications from the Snohomish Aquatic Center. We are excited to be a part of these events, and can't wait to see you there!
Ground Frog Day - January 31
- Don't forget to pick up your $1 off special session coupons to the Snohomish Aquatic Center at this Saturday's Ground Frog Day Celebration and Frognostication Ceremony. The ceremony will be held Saturday, January 31, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Avenue A Gazebo in downtown Snohomish. Following the ceremony, come "Ribbit on the Wibit" at the Snohomish Aquatic Center Ground Frog Day Pool Party held at 2 p.m. Please note that due to the Ground Frog Day Pond Party, the Competition Pool will be unavailable from 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.. on Saturday, January 31. The Competition Pool/Wibit will be available that day from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. and from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. in celebration of Ground Frog Day.
Fitter & Faster Swim Tour - May 30/31
- The Fitter & Faster Swim Tour is coming to the Snohomish Aquatic Center on Saturday, May 30 and Sunday, May 31. Plan to join us as two Team USA competitive swimmers from the U.S. Olympic Team will be running a two-day swim clinic focusing on breaststroke, butterfly and the IM. Watch for more details in the coming weeks!
Kla Ha Ya Days Festival - July 18/19
- We are excited to be a part of this year's Snohomish Kla Ha Ya Days Festival on Saturday, July 18 and Sunday, July 19. Watch for us at the parade and look for our special display and sign-up opportunities at the festival.
Upcoming Swim Meets/Competition Pool Closures
Reminder - On the following days the Competition Pool will be closed at the following times due to swim and dive meets (all other facility programming remains unchanged):
- Thursday, February 5 - closed for day after 3 p.m.
- Friday, February 6 - closed for day after 3 p.m. - METRO League Championship Prelims
- Saturday, February 7 - closed for day after 2 p.m. - METRO League Championship Finals
- Wednesday, February 11 - closed for day after 2:30 p.m. - WESCO District 1 3A/4A Diving Prelims
- Thursday, February 12 - closed for day after 3 p.m. - WESCO District 1 4A Swimming Prelims
- Friday, February 13 - closed for day after 3 p.m. - WESCO District 1 3A Swimming Prelims
- Saturday, February 14 - closed for day after 8:30 a.m. - WESCO District 1 3A/4A Swimming and Diving Finals
Guests are invited to watch any or all of the upcoming meets to cheer on our Snohomish High School Panthers and Glacier Peak High School Grizzlies. Please note that admission will be charged for all events as they are championship/post season swim meets.
Schedules, Lessons & More