Deep Water Aerobics - Canceled Tonight
Mary Draper, our water fitness instructor, broke her arm earlier today. As a result, tonight's (Wednesday, June 25) deep water aerobics class at 7 p.m. has been canceled. Mary - We hope you feel better soon!
New - Adult Summer Swim Lessons
Learning to swim or to improve swim strokes is not just for kids. Join us for some “grown-up” swim lessons during a time designated just for adults!
Summer session dates - July 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, August 7, 14, 21
Summer session times - 8:15 p.m.-8:45 p.m.
Session fee - $12.50 per class or $80 for all 8 sessions
- Swimmers may arrive at 8 p.m. to warm-up in the recreation pool.
- Swimmers will be able to practice or review their swim skills or relax in the hot tub after class until 9 p.m. when the facility closes for the evening.
- Swimmers must sign up in advance as we need to assign enough instructors to cover the small groups (4 adults:1 instructor)
- Those interested in the group lesson on Thursdays, please fill out a program enrollment form at the front desk and include your email address for prompt reply or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the dates you want to sign up for, any swim experience you do have and your goal for taking swimming lessons.
#2 on Red Tricycle's Summer Bucket List
Join us at the Kids' Café and Book Café
Kids' Cafe' information
All area kids age 18 and younger are invited to join us again this summer at the Snohomish School District's Kids' Café summer breakfast and lunch program. There is no pre-registration or sign-up. Kids just need to show up and enjoy a great breakfast and/or lunch. Kids' Café is held Mondays through Fridays and runs through Friday, August 29 (except Friday, July 4). The program is free.
Meals are served at Snohomish High School - 1316 5th Street in Snohomish. Breakfast is served in the school's cafeteria from 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Remember to look for our Kids’ Café van and catch “lunch on the run” at one of our four mobile lunch locations. Special thanks to Bickford Ford for its community partnership in our mobile Kids' Café program!
- Snohomish Aquatic Center - 516 Maple Avenue in Snohomish
- Lunch served from 11:30 a.m. to Noon
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club - 402 2nd Street in Snohomish
- Lunch served from 11:30 a.m. to Noon
- Circle H Mobile Home Park - 6413 123rd Avenue SE in Snohomish
- Lunch served from 11:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Three Rivers Mobile Home Park - 13201 Elliott Road in Snohomish
- Lunch served from 12:15 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
New in 2014!
For each lunch, participants will be given 1 (one) sticker for their Kids’ Café calendars. Every 10 (ten) unredeemed stickers = 1 (one) complimentary Guest Pass at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Bring your Kids’ Cafe calendars and attached stickers to the Snohomish Aquatic Center (516 Maple Avenue in Snohomish) to receive your complimentary Guest Passes. All calendars/stickers must be turned in to the Snohomish Aquatic Center by Saturday, September 13, 2014, to receive the complimentary Guest Passes.
Complimentary Snohomish Aquatic Center Guest Passes provided courtesy of Sodexo – the Snohomish School District’s Food Service provider. Thank you Sodexo for your generosity!
Calendars/stickers are not redeemable for cash. Calendars/stickers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Terms and conditions subject to change. Use of this calendars/stickers constitutes acceptance of these terms. Stickers will only be distributed at the Kids’ Cafe for lunch meals.
Book Cafe' information
Make sure you also keep a lookout for the Book Café in a neighborhood near you! The Book Café has partnered with the Kids’ Café to deliver free books for students to read throughout the summer. Watch for the Book Café vehicle on Tuesdays (June 24 – August 26) at the following locations:
Circle H Mobile Home Park, 11:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Snohomish Aquatic Center, 11:45 a.m. – Noon
Three Rivers Mobile Home Park, 12:30 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club, 1:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Join us at the Snohomish Aquatic Center for one of our exciting youth surf and dive camps, summer swim lessons, aquatic fitness opportunities or many open swim/surf/lap sessions. The possibilities are endless!