April Pools Day - April 18
Each year, many pools around Washington host April Pools Day events for families and community members. Our FREE two-hour event includes a combination of water safety activities and swim time.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 18, from noon to 2 p.m. and join us at the Snohomish Aquatic Center for water safety activities, games, prizes and ample swim time.
Please note that during the event (noon to 2 p.m.), there will be no open surf or regular open rec swim activities. The normal facility schedule will resume at 2 p.m.
Limited Child Care Available
Beginning Monday, April 20, 2015, limited child care will be available during some Snohomish Aquatic Center operating hours.
We have partnered with the Snohomish Boys and Girls Club to offer this limited child care.This is not structured activity time or preschool. It is drop-in care for parents to participate in water fitness classes or open rec/lap swim. Please see below for details:
- Times – Mondays through Fridays from 8-10:30 a.m. and Saturdays from 7:30-10 a.m.
- Place – Snohomish Aquatic Center
- Cost - $5 per/drop-in or $20/five-visit pass. Sibling discounts are not offered. Each visit = Maximum time of 90 minutes.
- Maximum capacity - 12 children/1 staff member.
- Children must be between 3-months-old and 8-years-old. Staff will not change diapers.
- Payment will be handled through the Snohomish Boys and Girls Club. Parents will be able to pay when dropping off their child (ren) at the Snohomish Aquatic Center (ask for Chelsea). Parents can contact the Snohomish Boys and Girls Club directly at (360) 568-7760 to arrange pre-payment.
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club staff are first aid and CPR certified. They offer experience with younger children.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Children will free play. Some age appropriate toys and children’s shows will be provided. This is not structured activity time or preschool. It is drop-in care for parents to participate in water fitness classes or open rec/lap swim.
Swim Clinics Offered For Triathletes
Join us for this three-part swim clinic for triathletes or triathletes-in-training. Participants can attend one or all three sessions. Click here for more information
. Register in person at the Welcome Desk.
- Sunday, April 26 – Stroke technique for freestyle. Classroom portion, pool time and videotaping.
- Sunday, July 12 – Open water skills and tricks. Classroom portion and pool time.
- Sunday, October 4 – Open water to pool transition. Classroom portion, pool time and videotaping.
Calling All Youth! Join Our Summer Swim Team
The Snohomish Aquatic Center Piranhas will be a part of this year’s Craze Summer Swim League. Being a part of this league provides athletes with opportunity to compete in short, fun swim meets (meet participation is not required). The team will practice Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Head Coach Ben Olszewski has put together a great coaching staff, and they are very excited about the season! Meet schedule will be available closer to summer.
The main objective of the Craze Summer Swim League is to provide a safe, recreational and competitive experience for area swimmers between the ages of 6 to 18 (participant age as of July 1, 2015). Participating teams include the cities of Snohomish, Kirkland, Edmonds, Shoreline, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace and Everett. The 2015 season officially begins in late June and is scheduled to end with the league championship meet in August.
To learn more and download the program flier, please click here. Register in person at our Welcome Desk.
Young Guest Reminder
Reminder - Guests 6 and under must be accompanied into the pool by a supervising guest (14+) at all times. Guests 6 and under must be within arm's reach of the supervising guest. Guests 11 and under must be supervised by a guest (14+) in the building at all times. One supervising guest may monitor no more than three children (ages 6 and under) in the water.
Spring/Summer Swim Lesson Information
Swimming lessons save lives. Learn to swim and stay safe in and around the water. Swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center are available in group, private, and semiprivate formats. Our program:
- Is FUN!
- Serves guests at any level - from those just getting familiar with the water to beginner swimmers to others with competitive aspirations.
- Has levels tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Includes opportunities for in-session advancement.
- Works around busy schedules. We offer a wide variety of session dates and times.
Upcoming swim lesson schedules and registration information
*Note: Priority registration is available for guests already enrolled/staying in their current day and time slot or our Homeschool Program guests. Guests are encouraged to sign up during their regularly scheduled lesson. We will make every effort to accommodate day/time changes if space should become available once general registration begins.
- Summer Swim Lessons - June 15 to September 5 - This summer (June 15 through September 5), we will offer daily morning lessons (2 weeks, 10 sessions), twice weekly evening lessons (4 weeks, 8 sessions), Saturday morning lessons (4 weeks, 4 sessions), parent/tot lessons (4 weeks, 4 sessions) and pre-competitive evening lessons (4 weeks, 8 sessions). Priority registration* for existing swim lesson guests began on Monday, March 16. General registration for all summer swim lessons began on Monday, March 23. Online registration available.
- Swim Lessons - Spring Session 3 - May 18-June 13 - Spring Session 3 will begin on Monday, May 18 and will run through Saturday, June 13. Priority registration* begins on Monday, May 4. General registration begins on Monday, May 11. Online registration available Monday, May 11 through Sunday, May 17.
- Private Lessons - Interested in a private swim lesson or want some 1:1 time to master your strokes? We offer private lessons for $30 per 30-minute lesson (plus 5 minutes of consultation time at the end). We will contact guests with an instructor who meets their needs. For more information, please visit the Welcome Desk or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facility Named WRPA Award Winner
The Snohomish Aquatic Center has been selected a Washington Recreation and Parks Association (WRPA) Spotlight Facility Award winner in the category of Indoor Spaces. They will be recognized at the WRPA Annual Awards Banquet on Thursday, April 30, in Tacoma.
Swim with a U.S. Olympian!
The Fitter and Faster Swim Tour is coming to the Snohomish Aquatic Center. U.S. Olympians Scott Weltz and Julia Smit will lead clinics for swimmers on Saturday, May 30 and Sunday, May 31. This is a terrific opportunity for swimmers to swim with, learn from and race some of our nation’s finest!
- Register at http://fitterandfaster.com/register-for-swim-clinics/
- Essentials Clinic is for swimmers 11 and younger. Weltz and Smit will teach the essentials of the two short axis strokes: breaststroke and butterfly. They will lead swimmers through drills and exercises that will improve efficiency and power.
- High Performance Clinic is for swimmers 12 and older. Participants in this session will take steps to perfect the advanced technical aspects of breaststroke, butterfly and IM transitions with Smit and Weltz. Learn how balance, timing and the proper use of power can improve efficiency.
Schedules, Lessons & More