January Snohomish Aquatic Center News
Check Out Our New Facility Website
We are excited to share that the Snohomish Aquatic Center website has been updated! The Snohomish Aquatic Center, which is a Snohomish School District facility, now has the same look, feel and functionality as other district school and facility websites. Our website address remains www.snohomishaquatic.com. This website better meets the needs of our guests and community. In addition, it is responsive to phones and tablets – meaning the appearance of our website will automatically adjust, depending on the screen size and orientation of the device being used to view it. Click here for a quick guide illustrating what is located where on the new website.
Groundfrog Day Festivities - January 28
Join us at 2 p.m. on Saturday, January 28, for our Groundfrog Day Lazy River Frog Race. Who knows? You may even win a fun prize! Tickets are $5/each and can be purchased in advance or day of at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. All event proceeds will be donated to Swim for Life.
MLK Jr. Day - Additional Open Rec Swim
Join us on Monday, January 16, for an additional open rec swim from 1-2:45 p.m. January 16 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and it is a non-school day in the Snohomish School District.
Junior Lifeguard & Instructor Courses
We are offering two courses for future junior lifeguards and swim instructors. These courses are for kids ages 12 to 14. The courses will be held April 10 through June 17 at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. To download a course flier, please click here.
Register Soon For Swim Lessons
Swimming lessons save lives. Learn to swim and stay safe in and around the water. Swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center are available in group, private, and semiprivate formats. Our program:
Register beginning Monday, January 23, for our WINTER SESSION 2.
- Is FUN!
- Serves guests at any level - from those just getting familiar with the water to beginner swimmers to others with competitive aspirations.
- Has levels tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Includes opportunities for in-session advancement.
- Works around busy schedules. We offer a wide variety of session dates and times.
Get Water Fit!
Join us for one of our exciting water fitness opportunities! You won't regret it! Activities and programs in our recreation pool and competition pool include Paddleboard Yoga,
High Intensity Interval Training, Senior Splash, Deep Water Exercise and more. Times will be scheduled for those who want to walk, jog or exercise on their own or in a group setting. Guests must be at least 14 years of age unless pre-approved by the instructor. Designed for all levels of fitness, our water fitness classes include a warmup, cardiovascular set, toning and stretching exercises. Click here to learn more.
Closures & Cancellations
Please be aware of the following facility and pool closures:
- Thursday, January 12 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 2:30-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 17 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 2:30-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 24 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 2:30-8 p.m.
- Thursday, January 26 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 2:30-8 p.m.
- Thursday, February 2 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 1 p.m.-facility close.
- Friday, February 3 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 1 p.m.-facility close.
- Saturday, February 4 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 1 p.m.-facility close.
- Wednesday, February 8 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 2 p.m.-facility close.
- Thursday, February 9 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 2 p.m.-facility close.
- Friday, February 10 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 2 p.m.-facility close.
- Saturday, February 11 - Competition pool closed for rec/lap swimming from 8:30 a.m.-facility close.
Swim for Life - Dedicated to Enriching Lives
Swim for Life, a nonprofit organization, was recently formed by local Snohomish community members who have a passion for enriching the lives of young people in our community. We're dedicated to providing swimming lessons and water safety services to children regardless of their ability to pay.
Swim for Life is offering every 2nd grader enrolled in the Snohomish School District a free session of group swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center for the 2016-2017 school year. (Note: Sessions are typically 4 or 5 weeks long, and classes are offered once or twice a week.) This community program is being funded through generous donations raised through Swim for Life. For details on how to enroll your Snohomish School District 2nd grader in group lessons at Snohomish Aquatic Center, please click here to download the FAQs. Please contact the Snohomish Aquatic Center at 360-568-8030 with any questions or concerns.
To learn more about Swim for Life, its outreach efforts, scholarships, giving opportunities and more, please visit the Swim for Life website.