- The Snohomish Aquatic Center Piranhas are a part of this year’s Craze Summer Swim League. Being a part of this league provides youth athletes with the opportunity to compete in six short, fun swim meets. To learn more, please click here.
FlowRider Pro/Am Competition
Surf’s up Snohomish! Pro boarders from around the region will soon converge on and hit the waves in Snohomish. We are excited to announce that the Snohomish Aquatic Center (516 Maple Avenue in Snohomish) will be site of a FlowRider Pro/Am Competition this weekend - Friday, June 29, and Saturday, June 30.
(Note: Due to the competition, the Flowrider will be closed to the public beginning 5 p.m. on Friday, June 29, through all day on Saturday, June 30. Spectators of the event welcome, but there will be no open ride time.)
The FlowRider Pro/Am Competition is part of the USA Flow Tour and will include Flow Tour national point allocations and prizes for pro divisions. Hundreds of all ages amateur and professional boarders will participate in and be spectators at this event. There will be training sessions, wave demonstrations, competitor practices, the FlowRider competition and more. Come check it out, meet the pros, learn some tricks and cheer on your favorites! The Snohomish Aquatic Center has the only indoor surf simulation machine in the Pacific Northwest.
There is still time to register! Click here to register and to learn more.
Facility closed - Wednesday, July 4
We will be closed for the Independence Day holiday on Wednesday, July 4. Our regular summer hours and schedules will resume on Thursday, July 5.
Free lunch and books for kids
The Kids' Cafe and Book Café have returned to the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Kids' Café stops at the Snohomish Aquatic Center and serves lunch from 12:30-12:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. The program runs through Friday, August 31 (except Wednesday, July 4). All area kids age 18 and younger are invited to join, and there is no pre-registration or sign-up. The Book Café stops at the Snohomish Aquatic Center on Tuesdays from 12:15-12:30 p.m. The Book Café program, which delivers free books for students to read throughout the summer, runs through September 1. Click here to learn more about both programs.
Calling all youth swimmers
We still have room in the 8-9 a.m. youth summer swim team practice time. The Snohomish Aquatic Center Piranhas are a part of this year’s Craze Summer Swim League. Being a part of this league provides youth athletes with the opportunity to compete in six short, fun swim meets (meet participation is not required). The team will practice Mondays through Fridays from 8-9 a.m. (openings available) and from 9-10 a.m. (session full). Head Coach Ben Olszewski has put together a great coaching staff, and they are very excited about the season! Meet schedule is available at registration. Learn more by clicking here.
The Snohomish Aquatic Center values itself on providing an enjoyable experience for all guests. With more people using our facility to keep cool in the rising temperatures, we wanted to remind all our guests of the following:
General guidelines by area
- Young guests: Guests 6 and under must be accompanied into the pool by a supervising guest (14+) at all times. Guests 6 and under must be within arm's reach of the supervising guest. Guests 11 and under must be supervised by a guest (14+) in the building at all times. One supervising guest may monitor no more than three children (ages 6 and under) in the water.
- Pool deck: We recognize our guests’ needs to observe not only from the lobby, but also from the pool deck. Spectators can watch from the pool deck, but for safety reasons are required to sit on the provided benches/bleachers at all times. This allows us to maintain safety for our swimmers and staff, while recognizing our guests’ needs to be closer to those they are observing.
- Lap swim: Lap swim is available during specified times in our recreation and competition pools. It is recommended for guests who can swim with a level of competency and are interested in swimming for exercise. Guests may be subject to swim testing and other applicable rules. (Please see the pool schedule or a lifeguard for specific tests.)
- Family swim: There are specified times when the recreation pool is reserved for families. Guests 6 and under must be accompanied by a supervising individual in the water. Guests may be subject to swim testing and other applicable rules. (Please see the pool schedule or a lifeguard for specific tests.)
- Hot tub: The Washington State Health Department does not allow guests ages 6 and under in the spa/hot tub area. Guests ages 7 – 13 may use it when directly supervised by a parent or guardian.
- FlowRider: Guests must be 42-inches tall to ride the boogie boards and 52-inches tall and less than 250 pounds to ride the stand-up boards. (Please see specific FlowRider rules.)
- Splashtacular: Guests must be at least 48-inches tall and pass a swim test to slide.
Swim diapers (in compliance with the Washington State Board of Health code)
- No person who is experiencing an acute gastrointestinal issue should use the pool under any circumstance.
- Swim diapers and protective vinyl diaper covers are required for infants, toddlers and any children who are not potty trained (no chance of an accident).
- Swim diapers and protective vinyl diaper covers are available for purchase at the Welcome Desk.
- Staff will enforcing the requirement that all children wearing diapers must also wear a protective diaper cover (plastic pants with tight fitting leg openings). Those not meeting the requirement will be asked to change or may be asked to leave the facility.
- Diapers should only be changed in diaper changing areas provided in the restrooms and locker rooms.
Pool rules and swim testing
- Obey lifeguards at all times.
- Safety is our top priority. The zero-depth entry/spray-play area is recommended for guests 11 and under. Adult supervision is highly recommended for all young children. Some lifejackets are available free of charge and may be required. No running or rough play. Please be responsive to the lifeguard requests.
- A cleansing shower is required before entering the pool.
- Guests may be subject to a simple swim assessment to determine swim ability. Swim assessment consists of stroke proficiency and ability to be in the water without assistance. Youth guests who want to use the competition pool, diving boards or wibit will be tested for competency prior to being allowed in the competition pool.
- Swim caps and goggles are allowed. The Snohomish Aquatic Center does have some lifejackets that are available free of charge. Other aquatic toys are also provided free for our guests to use while at the facility. Please do not bring noodles, swimmies, water wings, toys or any other flotation devices from home, as they will not be allowed in the facility.
Take advantage of special party pricing
Hold your party at the Snohomish Aquatic Center between July 1 and September 3 and receive special promotional pricing! Party packages at the Snohomish Aquatic Center include a party host, pool time and space in our party room. Parties include use of the recreation pool, lazy river, Splashtacular waterslide, spray-play area and more! To learn more, click here.
Resident flowboarders excel at Utah competition
Join us in a big shout out to our very own Evan Campbell and Scott Callens for their performances during the FLOW Tour events recently held in Utah. Scott won the pro division at both Ogden and Provo and took 2nd in Linden. Evan was the 2nd amateur in Linden and won the Amateur division at both Ogden and Provo! Evan is our Flow coordinator and Scott is our resident pro Flowboarder. Both will be competing and helping to host our event this weekend. Registration is open now and there are opportunities for all abilities and experience levels! Or, if you don't want to ride, come watch and check out the action!
XTREME Boot Camp pass promotion
Now you have one more reason to get body fit! Purchase a 10-punch pass for our XTREME Boot Camp water fit class and get 2 extra punches free! That's 12 classes for $140/guest. Punch pass must be purchased before Monday, Sept. 3 (Labor Day). Visit our Welcome Desk to learn more and purchase your pass.