Spring & Summer Swim Lesson Information
Spring break and summer vacation are almost here! The Snohomish Aquatic Center learn-to-swim program
is designed to help learners of all ages and ability levels become safe and proficient in the water. Swim lessons are available in group, private, and semiprivate formats. Why choose swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center? Our program:
- Is FUN!
- Serves guests at any level—from those just getting familiar with the water to beginner swimmers to others with competitive aspirations.
- Has levels tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Includes opportunities for in-session advancement.
- Works around busy schedules. We offer a wide variety of session dates and times.
Upcoming swim lesson schedules and registration information
*Note: Priority registration is available for guests already enrolled/staying in their current day and time slot or our Homeschool Program guests. Guests are encouraged to sign up during their regularly scheduled lesson. We will make every effort to accommodate day/time changes if space should become available once general registration begins.
- Swim Lessons - Spring Session 2 - April 13-May 16 - Spring Session 2 will begin on Monday, April 13 and will run through Saturday, May 16. Priority registration* begins on Monday, March 23. General registration begins on Monday, March 30. Online registration available beginning Monday, March 30 through Sunday, April 12.
- Swim Lessons - Spring Session 3 - May 18-June 13 - Spring Session 3 will begin on Monday, May 18 and will run through Saturday, June 13. Priority registration* begins on Monday, May 4. General registration begins on Monday, May 11. Online registration available Monday, May 11 through Sunday,
- Summer Swim Lessons - June 15 to September 5 - This summer (June 15 through September 5), we will offer daily morning lessons (2 weeks, 10 sessions), twice weekly evening lessons (4 weeks, 8 sessions), Saturday morning lessons (4 weeks, 4 sessions), parent/tot lessons (4 weeks, 4 sessions) and pre-competitive evening lessons (4 weeks, 8 sessions). Priority registration* for existing swim lesson guests will begin on Monday, March 16. General registration for all summer swim lessons begins on Monday, March 23. Online registration available Monday, March 23.
An "Egg"cellent Event - Join Us on April 4
An underwater egg hunt!?!?! We hope you and your kids are able to join us for this springtime fun! Join us on Saturday, April 4 for our 1st Underwater Egg Hunt. Purchase advance tickets anytime before April 4 at the Welcome Desk or join us the day of the event.
T-Shirt & Sweatshirt Sale This Weekend
Looking for that perfect gift? The Snohomish Aquatic Center sells gift cards in any domination, sweatshirts, t-shirts, towels, goggles and other aquatic gear. Join us this weekend (March 13-March 15) and take 20% off our t-shirts and sweatshirts! Come check us out!
April 2 - Additional Open Rec Swim
Thursday, April 2 is a non-student day in the Snohomish School District. On that day, we have added an additional open rec swim just for you from 11:15 a.m. –1 p.m.
Regular programming, schedule and hours apply to remainder of the day. Please plan to join us!
Spring Break News - April 4-12
Spring Break in the Snohomish School District is Saturday, April 4 through Sunday, April 12. The Snohomish Aquatic Center has tons of fun, such as Surf 'N Splash Camp, water fitness classes and lots of open rec swim sessions, in store!
Check out the opportunities and schedules by clicking the links below.
March Madness Field Trip Promotion
It's March Madness at the Snohomish Aquatic Center! Looking for a fun activity for your school group, play group, youth organization or more? Book your group’s/organization’s field trip at the Snohomish Aquatic Center for June, July or August 2015 and receive $1 off per guest! Bookings must be made by Tuesday, March 31, 2015. Groups must have at least 15 paid guests, and a $50 deposit is required.
Interested? Please learn more and complete the Field Trip Inquiry Form, which is located on our website, by clicking here
. For more information or questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Swim with a U.S. Olympian!
The Fitter and Faster Swim Tour is coming to the Snohomish Aquatic Center. U.S. Olympians Scott Weltz and Julia Smit will lead clinics for swimmers on May 30 and May 31. This is a terrific opportunity for swimmers to swim with, learn from and race some of our nation’s finest!
- Register at http://fitterandfaster.com/register-for-swim-clinics/
- Essentials Clinic is for swimmers 11 and younger. Weltz and Smit will teach the essentials of the two short axis strokes: breaststroke and butterfly. They will lead swimmers through drills and exercises that will improve efficiency and power.
- High Performance Clinic is for swimmers 12 and older. Participants in this session will take steps to perfect the advanced technical aspects of breaststroke, butterfly and IM transitions with Smit and Weltz. Learn how balance, timing and the proper use of power can improve efficiency.
Swim Instructors & Lifeguards Needed
We are in need of lifeguards and swim instructors (minimum age is 16) who can work a variety of hours (mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends available). Applicants must be enthusiastic and enjoy working with young people. For those applying for lifeguard positions, lifeguard certification required. For either position, experience is not necessary.We will train the right person. Learn more about our opportunities and apply today by contacting:
- Chris Bensen. Director, at email@example.com
- Rob Serviss, Aquatics Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedules, Lessons & More
Spring Break Schedules/Events