Halloween Spooktacular This Weekend
Our annual Spooktacular is Saturday, October 31, from 5-8 p.m. Tickets are just $7 each and include a ton of great activities, including use of the FlowRider. (FlowRider participants must meet the weight requirement and have signed waiver on file.) Other highlights include:
- Costume contest
- Apple bobbing
- Cake walk
- Photo booth
- Coin dive
- Coloring station
- Ring toss
- Big pumpkin search
- Swimming and more!
Visit the Welcome Desk to buy your advance tickets to the Halloween Spooktacular now. Space is limited, and you don't want to miss out on the fun! Tickets will also be sold at the door the day of the event.
Closures & Cancellations
- The competition pool will close 30 minutes early (at 2:30 p.m.) on the following days due to Snohomish High School and Glacier Peak High School swim and dive meets. All other facility programming remains unchanged.
- Thursday, October 29
- Wednesday, November 4
- Thursday, November 5
- Friday, November 6
- The competition pool will close at 1 p.m. on Friday, October 30, due to the METRO League swim championships. All other facility programming remains unchanged.
- The competition pool will close at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 31, due to the METRO League swim championships. All other facility programming remains unchanged. Don't forget to attend our Halloween Spooktacular in the recreation pool that evening from 5-8 p.m.
- The competition pool will not be open on Saturday, November 7, due to Northwest District 1 swim and dive championships. All other facility programming remains unchanged.
Swim for Life Formed to Enrich Young Lives
Did you know?
- Drowning ranks fifth among the leading causes of unintentional injury death in the United States, and second among children in the state of Washington.
- Participation in formal swimming lessons may reduce the risk of drowning by as much as 88 percent among young children aged 1 to 4 years, who are at highest risk of drowning.
- Regular physical activity in childhood and adolescence improves strength and endurance, helps build healthy bones and muscles, helps control weight, reduces anxiety and stress, increases self-esteem, and may improve blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Swim for Life, a nonprofit organization, was recently formed by local community members who have a passion for enriching the lives of young people in our community. Swim for Life’s mission is to make young people safer in the water. Swim for Life is funded through community donations.
Swim for Life will be working with the Snohomish Aquatic Center to provide swimming lessons and other aquatic programs to those in the Snohomish School District who wouldn’t normally be able to afford them. The organization also will be developing several programs to facilitate youth participation in aquatic exercise and instruction. Watch for more details about these programs in future communications.
The Snohomish Aquatic Center strives to provide a fun environment in which children can play, learn, and grow, with safety being the primary focus. The progressive learn-to-swim program is designed to help swimmers of all ability levels become safe and proficient in the water, teach essential water safety skills, include opportunities for in-session advancement, and work around busy schedules. The skills learned will carry throughout the lives of many, ensuring healthy and safe habits.
To learn more about Swim for Life or the Snohomish Aquatic Center, contact Chris Bensen at 360-563-1986 or email@example.com.
Join Our Team
We are seeking part-time:
- Water fitness instructors
- Swim instructors
- Party and event hosts
- Guest services representatives
Candidates must like children and have an outgoing personality. Must be able to work a variety of hours (mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends available). Experience is not required. We will train the right candidates. Apply today by clicking this link, and be a part of our amazing team!
Thursdays = Ladies Night
Attention Yogis! Paddleboard Yoga Available
Paddleboard yoga! Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced yogi, the moment you set foot on the board you will realize that practicing on water is a distinctly different experience. Taking your sun salutation out of the studio and onto the board helps you develop a whole new appreciation for the balance and focus required for every pose. Mindfulness just comes naturally here, as your mind and body click into place to welcome this fresh new adventure.
Paddleboard Yoga is offered on Fridays (November 13, November 27 and December 11) at 7 p.m. This is a 75-minute specialty class and costs $32/session. Paddleboards are provided by the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Three-month water fitness and 10-session water fitness passes not applicable for this class. Pre-registration required. To register or learn more, visit us at the Welcome Desk. Registration also available online.
Hours & Schedules
The Snohomish Aquatic Center is now utilizing an online calendaring system (Google Calendars) to help with facility schedules. The calendar is available in weekly, monthly and agenda views (see tabs in top right of monthly calendar view) and can be synced to personal calendars on computers, phones and tablets. Click here to view the calendar and pool schedules.
Our online calendaring works with the three most recent versions of these browsers:
- Google Chrome (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Internet Explorer (Windows except Windows XP)
- Firefox (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Safari (Mac)
Open Rec Swim Session Schedules
Help Us Collect Cereal
Help us help the Snohomish Community Food Bank! We are collecting boxes of cereal for their holiday food drive. Help us meet our 100 box goal! A collection box is available in our lobby.