School's (Almost) Out For Summer!
Summer fun at the Snohomish Aquatic Center
Swim and dive lessons
Surf 'N Splash Camp
Summer youth swim team
- The Snohomish Aquatic Center Piranhas are a part of this year’s Craze Summer Swim League. Being a part of this league provides youth athletes with the opportunity to compete in six short, fun swim meets. To learn more, please click here.
FlowRider Pro/Am Competition
Surf’s up Snohomish! Pro boarders from around the region will soon converge on and hit the waves in Snohomish. We are excited to announce that the Snohomish Aquatic Center (516 Maple Avenue in Snohomish) will be site of a FlowRider Pro/Am Competition on Friday, June 29 and Saturday, June 30.
The FlowRider Pro/Am Competition is part of the USA Flow Tour and will include Flow Tour national point allocations and prizes for pro divisions. Hundreds of all ages amateur and professional boarders will participate in and be spectators at this event. There will be training sessions, wave demonstrations, competitor practices, the FlowRider competition and more. Come check it out, meet the pros, learn some tricks and cheer on your favorites! The Snohomish Aquatic Center has the only indoor surf simulation machine in the Pacific Northwest.
Click here to register and to learn more.
Kids' Café & Book Café Returns
The Kids' Cafe and Book Café is returning to the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Kids' Café will stop at the Snohomish Aquatic Center and serve lunch from 12:30-12:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. The program runs Wednesday, June 20, through Friday, August 31 (except July 4). All area kids age 18 and younger are invited to join, and there is no pre-registration or sign-up. The Book Café will also stop at the Snohomish Aquatic Center on Tuesdays from 12:15-12:30 p.m. The Book Café program, which delivers free books for students to read throughout the summer, runs June 25 through September 1. Click here to learn more about both programs.
The Snohomish Aquatic Center values itself on providing an enjoyable experience for all guests. With summer around the corner and more people using our facility to keep cool in the rising temperatures, we wanted to remind all our guests of the following:
General guidelines by area
- Young guests: Guests 6 and under must be accompanied into the pool by a supervising guest (14+) at all times. Guests 6 and under must be within arm's reach of the supervising guest. Guests 11 and under must be supervised by a guest (14+) in the building at all times. One supervising guest may monitor no more than three children (ages 6 and under) in the water.
- Pool deck: We recognize our guests’ needs to observe not only from the lobby, but also from the pool deck. Spectators can watch from the pool deck, but for safety reasons are required to sit on the provided benches/bleachers at all times. This allows us to maintain safety for our swimmers and staff, while recognizing our guests’ needs to be closer to those they are observing.
- Lap swim: Lap swim is available during specified times in our recreation and competition pools. It is recommended for guests who can swim with a level of competency and are interested in swimming for exercise. Guests may be subject to swim testing and other applicable rules. (Please see the pool schedule or a lifeguard for specific tests.)
- Family swim: There are specified times when the recreation pool is reserved for families. Guests 6 and under must be accompanied by a supervising individual in the water. Guests may be subject to swim testing and other applicable rules. (Please see the pool schedule or a lifeguard for specific tests.)
- Hot tub: The Washington State Health Department does not allow guests ages 6 and under in the spa/hot tub area. Guests ages 7 – 13 may use it when directly supervised by a parent or guardian.
- FlowRider: Guests must be 42-inches tall to ride the boogie boards and 52-inches tall and less than 250 pounds to ride the stand-up boards. (Please see specific FlowRider rules.)
- Splashtacular: Guests must be at least 48-inches tall and pass a swim test to slide.
Swim diapers (in compliance with the Washington State Board of Health code)
- No person who is experiencing an acute gastrointestinal issue should use the pool under any circumstance.
- Swim diapers and protective vinyl diaper covers are required for infants, toddlers and any children who are not potty trained (no chance of an accident).
- Swim diapers and protective vinyl diaper covers are available for purchase at the Welcome Desk.
- Staff will enforcing the requirement that all children wearing diapers must also wear a protective diaper cover (plastic pants with tight fitting leg openings). Those not meeting the requirement will be asked to change or may be asked to leave the facility.
- Diapers should only be changed in diaper changing areas provided in the restrooms and locker rooms.
Pool rules and swim testing
- Obey lifeguards at all times.
- Safety is our top priority. The zero-depth entry/spray-play area is recommended for guests 11 and under. Adult supervision is highly recommended for all young children. Some lifejackets are available free of charge and may be required. No running or rough play. Please be responsive to the lifeguard requests.
- A cleansing shower is required before entering the pool.
- Guests may be subject to a simple swim assessment to determine swim ability. Swim assessment consists of stroke proficiency and ability to be in the water without assistance. Youth guests who want to use the competition pool, diving boards or wibit will be tested for competency prior to being allowed in the competition pool.
- Swim caps and goggles are allowed. The Snohomish Aquatic Center does have some lifejackets that are available free of charge. Other aquatic toys are also provided free for our guests to use while at the facility. Please do not bring noodles, swimmies, water wings, toys or any other flotation devices from home, as they will not be allowed in the facility.
Interested in specialized swim instruction?
We have some of our very skilled and experienced private lesson instructors coming home for the summer and want to make our guests aware there is opportunity to get lessons with these individuals. These instructors will not offer regular ongoing lesson spots, but rather private, intense swimming instruction. Sessions are 30-minutes long and are $35 per lesson or $120 for four. Private lesson scheduling is very flexible based on the guest's and instructor's availability. To learn more, email email@example.com
FlowRider rental special
Take advantage of this FlowRider rental special!
- Private rental price reduced from $250/hour to $150/hour for reservations made between now and June 29.
- Availability varies, but the FlowRider is largely available Saturdays and Sundays after 6 p.m. Other times available by request.
- Rentals include a skilled FlowRider operator/instructor.
- Get ready for the competition! The Flow Tour will be back in town on Saturday, June 30!
- Visit our Welcome Desk to learn more and reserve your spot!
Take advantage of special party pricing
Hold your party at the Snohomish Aquatic Center between July 1 and September 3 and receive special promotional pricing! Party packages at the Snohomish Aquatic Center include a party host, pool time and space in our party room. Parties include use of the recreation pool, lazy river, Splashtacular waterslide, spray-play area and more! To learn more, click here.
XTREME Boot Camp pass promotion
Now you have one more reason to get body fit! Purchase a 10-punch pass for our XTREME Boot Camp water fit class and get 2 extra punches free! That's 12 classes for $140/guest. Punch pass must be purchased before Monday, Sept. 3 (Labor Day). Visit our Welcome Desk to learn more and purchase your pass.
Reserve FlowRider and water fitness spots
Exciting news! Guests can now log in to the registration site, access accounts, and pre-register and pay for FlowRider and any of our water fitness sessions.
- Visit us at www.snohomishaquatic.com.
- Click the REGISTER icon.
- Log in to your or create a new account.
- Select FLOW AND FITNESS.
- Select the category, class and session date and time.
- Click ENROLL.
Look for us at these community events
- 16-17 - Retail vendor booth at KCAC, Federal Way (Off-Site Pro-Shop), 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- 12 - Snohomish Farmer’s Market, 3-7 p.m.
- 14-15 - Mill Creek Festival, Saturday from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 20 - Frogtastic Kids Fair, Snohomish Station, 3-7 p.m.
- 21 - Kla Ha Ya Days Street Fair vendor booth, 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- 27-29 - AquaFest, Lake Stevens, Friday from noon-9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Sunday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 16 - Snohomish Farmer’s Market, 3-7 p.m.
- 6 - Snohomish Farmer’s Market, 3-7 p.m.