Summer Programming, Camps & Schedules
Summer vacation will be here before you know it! Check out what's in store this summer at the Snohomish Aquatic Center! We have swim lessons, Surf 'N Splash Camp for 7-15 year olds, a youth summer swim team (part of the Snohomish County Craze Summer Swim League), lots of open rec swim/lap sessions and more. For more information about summer programming at the Snohomish Aquatic Center, please visit l
Join Our Youth Summer Swim Team
Calling all youth ages 6-18 - We want you be a part of our summer swim team!
We are participating in this year’s Snohomish County Craze Summer Swim League. Being a part of this Snohomish County league provides athletes with opportunity to compete in short, fun swim meets (meet participation is not required). The main objective is to provide a fun, safe, recreational and competitive experience for area swimmers between the ages of 6 to 18 (participant age as of July 1, 2015).
Participating teams include the cities of Snohomish, Kirkland, Edmonds, Shoreline, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace and Everett. The 2015 season officially begins in late June and is scheduled to end with the league championship meet in August.
To learn more and download the program flier, please click here.
Register in person at our Welcome Desk.
Spring/Summer Swim Lesson Information
Swimming lessons save lives. Learn to swim and stay safe in and around the water. Swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center are available in group, private, and semiprivate formats. Our program:
- Is FUN!
- Serves guests at any level - from those just getting familiar with the water to beginner swimmers to others with competitive aspirations.
- Has levels tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Includes opportunities for in-session advancement.
- Works around busy schedules. We offer a wide variety of session dates and times.
Upcoming swim lesson schedules and registration information
*Note: Priority registration is available for guests already enrolled/staying in their current day and time slot or our Homeschool Program guests. Guests are encouraged to sign up during their regularly scheduled lesson. We will make every effort to accommodate day/time changes if space should become available once general registration begins.
- Summer Swim Lessons - June 15 to September 5 - This summer (June 15 through September 5), we will offer daily morning lessons (2 weeks, 10 sessions), twice weekly evening lessons (4 weeks, 8 sessions), Saturday morning lessons (4 weeks, 4 sessions), parent/tot lessons (4 weeks, 4 sessions) and pre-competitive evening lessons (4 weeks, 8 sessions). Priority registration* for existing swim lesson guests began on Monday, March 16. General registration for all summer swim lessons began on Monday, March 23. Online registration available.
- Swim Lessons - Spring Session 3 - May 18-June 13 - Spring Session 3 will begin on Monday, May 18 and will run through Saturday, June 13. Priority registration* begins on Monday, May 4. General registration begins on Monday, May 11. Online registration available Monday, May 11 through Sunday, May 17.
- Private Lessons - Interested in a private swim lesson or want some 1:1 time to master your strokes? We offer private lessons for $30 per 30-minute lesson (plus 5 minutes of consultation time at the end). We will contact guests with an instructor who meets their needs. For more information, please visit the Welcome Desk or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, May 25 - Memorial Day Schedule
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25 - The Snohomish Aquatic Center will open at 8 a.m. and will close at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 3 - The Snohomish Aquatic Center will close at 6:45 p.m. due to a private/school district event.
Swim with a U.S. Olympian!
The Fitter and Faster Swim Tour is coming to the Snohomish Aquatic Center. U.S. Olympians Scott Weltz and Julia Smit will lead clinics for swimmers on Saturday, May 30 and Sunday, May 31. This is a terrific opportunity for swimmers to swim with, learn from and race some of our nation’s finest!
- Register at http://fitterandfaster.com/register-for-swim-clinics/
- Essentials Clinic is for swimmers 11 and younger. Weltz and Smit will teach the essentials of the two short axis strokes: breaststroke and butterfly. They will lead swimmers through drills and exercises that will improve efficiency and power.
- High Performance Clinic is for swimmers 12 and older. Participants in this session will take steps to perfect the advanced technical aspects of breaststroke, butterfly and IM transitions with Smit and Weltz. Learn how balance, timing and the proper use of power can improve efficiency.
No More Excuses! Limited Child Care Available
We now have limited child care will be available during some Snohomish Aquatic Center operating hours. We have partnered with the Snohomish Boys and Girls Club
to offer this limited child care.This is not structured activity time or preschool. It is drop-in care for parents to participate in water fitness classes or open rec/lap swim. Please see below for details:
- Times – Mondays through Fridays from 8-10:30 a.m. and Saturdays from 7:30-10 a.m.
- Place – Snohomish Aquatic Center
- Cost - $5 per/drop-in or $20/five-visit pass. Sibling discounts are not offered. Each visit = Maximum time of 90 minutes.
- Maximum capacity - 12 children/1 staff member.
- Children must be between 3-months-old and 8-years-old. Staff will not change diapers.
- Payment will be handled through the Snohomish Boys and Girls Club. Parents will be able to pay when dropping off their child (ren) at the Snohomish Aquatic Center (ask for Chelsea). Parents can contact the Snohomish Boys and Girls Club directly at (360) 568-7760 to arrange pre-payment.
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club staff are first aid and CPR certified. They offer experience with younger children.
- No food or drink allowed.
- Children will free play. Some age appropriate toys and children’s shows will be provided. This is not structured activity time or preschool. It is drop-in care for parents to participate in water fitness classes or open rec/lap swim.
May Party Special
Book a July party at the Snohomish Aquatic Center and get $50 off the party fee! Parties must be reserved/booked in May. To learn more about parties and rentals at the Snohomish Aquatic Center, click here.
Become a “fan” on Facebook
Today, thousands of Facebook fans receive regular Snohomish Aquatic Center updates through this social networking tool. Through this site we are also able to post photos of events, activities and other important happenings. If you are not following us, please consider doing so. Follow us by logging in at www.facebook.com searching for “Snohomish Aquatic Center” and becoming a “Fan.”
Schedules, Lessons & More