April 4 - "Egg"cellent Event
Hop on in for this springtime fun! Join us on Saturday, April 4, for our 1st Underwater Egg Hunt. The event will be held during the 4 p.m. open rec swim. Cost is $6/guest.. Purchase advance tickets anytime before April 4 at the Welcome Desk or join us the day of the event.
- 0-4 years old - 4:15-4:30 p.m.
- 5-7 years old - 4:45-5 p.m.
- 8-10 years old - 5:15-5:30 p.m.
April 2 - Additional Open Rec Swim
Thursday, April 2, is a non-student day in the Snohomish School District. On that day, we have added an additional open rec swim just for you from 11:15 a.m. –1 p.m. Regular programming, schedule and hours apply to remainder of the day. Join us!
April 5 - Facility Closed
Mark your calendars - The Snohomish Aquatic Center will be closed Sunday, April 5. Beginning Monday, April 6, we will be following the facility's Spring Break schedules (see below).
April 4-12- Spring Break Activities/Schedules
We have a lot of fun and excitement planned for Spring Break (Snohomish School District - Saturday, April 4 through Sunday, April 12). Check out the activities, camps and schedules by clicking the links below.
Upcoming Program/Schedule Changes
Please note these program and schedule changes. Thank you!
- The 6 a.m. Tuesday/Thursday River Fit class has been cancelled.
- There will be no River Fit classes on Thursday, March 26.
Spring/Summer Swim Lesson Information
Swimming lessons save lives. Learn to swim and stay safe in and around the water. Swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center are available in group, private, and semiprivate formats. Our program:
- Is FUN!
- Serves guests at any level - from those just getting familiar with the water to beginner swimmers to others with competitive aspirations.
- Has levels tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Includes opportunities for in-session advancement.
- Works around busy schedules. We offer a wide variety of session dates and times.
Upcoming swim lesson schedules and registration information
*Note: Priority registration is available for guests already enrolled/staying in their current day and time slot or our Homeschool Program guests. Guests are encouraged to sign up during their regularly scheduled lesson. We will make every effort to accommodate day/time changes if space should become available once general registration begins.
- Summer Swim Lessons - June 15 to September 5 - This summer (June 15 through September 5), we will offer daily morning lessons (2 weeks, 10 sessions), twice weekly evening lessons (4 weeks, 8 sessions), Saturday morning lessons (4 weeks, 4 sessions), parent/tot lessons (4 weeks, 4 sessions) and pre-competitive evening lessons (4 weeks, 8 sessions). Priority registration* for existing swim lesson guests began on Monday, March 16. General registration for all summer swim lessons began on Monday, March 23. Online registration available Monday, March 23.
- Swim Lessons - Spring Session 2 - April 13-May 16 - Spring Session 2 will begin on Monday, April 13 and will run through Saturday, May 16. Priority registration* began on Monday, March 23. General registration begins on Monday, March 30. Online registration available beginning Monday, March 30 through Sunday, April 12.
- Swim Lessons - Spring Session 3 - May 18-June 13 - Spring Session 3 will begin on Monday, May 18 and will run through Saturday, June 13. Priority registration* begins on Monday, May 4. General registration begins on Monday, May 11. Online registration available Monday, May 11 through Sunday,
Thursday Nights = Ladies Night
We understand that girls just want to have have some fun, so we have dedicated Thursday evenings as FlowRider Ladies Night!
Girls and ladies - Grab your swimsuit and some girlfriends and head over for some time on the FlowRider (Thursdays from 7-9 p.m.). The surf is always up at the Snohomish Aquatic Center!
Join Our Summer Swim Team
The Snohomish Aquatic Center Piranhas will be a part of this year’s Craze Summer Swim League. Being a part of this league provides athletes with opportunity to compete in short, fun swim meets (meet participation is not required). The team will be practicing Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Head Coach Ben Olszewski has put together a great coaching staff, and they are very excited about the season! Meet schedule will be available closer to summer.
The main objective of the Craze Summer Swim League is to provide a safe, recreational and competitive experience for area swimmers between the ages of 6 to 18 (participant age as of July 1, 2015). Participating teams include the cities of Snohomish, Kirkland, Edmonds, Shoreline, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace and Everett. The 2015 Season officially begins in late June and is scheduled to end with the league championship meet in August.
To learn more and download the program flier, please click here. Register in person at our Welcome Desk.
Summer 2014 - Snohomish Aquatic Center Summer Youth Swim Team
March Madness Field Trip Promotion
It's March Madness at the Snohomish Aquatic Center! Looking for a fun activity for your school group, play group, youth organization or more? Book your group’s/organization’s field trip at the Snohomish Aquatic Center for June, July or August 2015 and receive $1 off per guest! Bookings must be made by Tuesday, March 31, 2015. Groups must have at least 15 paid guests, and a $50 deposit is required.
Interested? Please learn more and complete the Field Trip Inquiry Form, which is located on our website, by clicking here. For more information or questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S. Olympians To Lead Swim Clinics
The Fitter and Faster Swim Tour is coming to the Snohomish Aquatic Center. U.S. Olympians Scott Weltz and Julia Smit will lead clinics for swimmers on May 30 and May 31. This is a terrific opportunity for swimmers to swim with, learn from and race some of our nation’s finest!
- Register at http://fitterandfaster.com/register-for-swim-clinics/
- Essentials Clinic is for swimmers 11 and younger. Weltz and Smit will teach the essentials of the two short axis strokes: breaststroke and butterfly. They will lead swimmers through drills and exercises that will improve efficiency and power.
- High Performance Clinic is for swimmers 12 and older. Participants in this session will take steps to perfect the advanced technical aspects of breaststroke, butterfly and IM transitions with Smit and Weltz. Learn how balance, timing and the proper use of power can improve efficiency.
- Saline or chlorine?
- Our pool water is treated through a system that produces natural chlorine out of simple salt water. The system creates a more swimmer-friendly environment with improved water and air quality. (Note: The FlowRider is not a saline system.) When the facility was opened in January 2014, about 21,500 pounds of salt were used to get the pool water to appropriate levels.
- How much water?
- Recreation pool - 112,726 gallons of water
- FlowRider - 39,086 gallons of water
- Splashtacular - 650 gallons of water per minute
- Competition pool - 438,380 gallons of water
- Water temperature?
- Recreation pool - 84-86 degrees Fahrenheit
- Warm-water spa - 102 degrees Fahrenheit
- Competition pool - 78-80 degrees Fahrenheit
Schedules, Lessons & More
Spring Break Schedules/Events