Snohomish Aquatic Center News - February 27
New Pool Schedules as of Sunday, March 1
See below for the newest pool schedules beginning Sunday, March 1. A few highlights of the new schedules include:
- In an effort to make it easier for students and their families to enjoy the Tuesday and Thursday late afternoon open rec swim, we have moved the session time to 3:45-5:30 p.m. beginning Tuesday, March 3.
- Join us for River Boot Camp! No "boots" allowed in this camp-style class, though water shoes are recommended! Our River Boot Camp is an intense combination of intervals and traveling moves with and against the current that is guaranteed to transform your body, your core and your stamina! River Boot Camp will begin on March 3 at the Snohomish Aquatic Center! Join us on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. and make the pool your gym!
- Guests who purchase FlowRider® admission are also entitled to any open rec swim amenities happening in the facility at the same time. Guests can also "continuous surf" by purchasing more than a single session per day (when applicable). This means all sessions (excluding lessons/classes) are now 2 hours long! Guests who "continuous surf" are able to stay on during the 15-minute gaps between open surf sessions. FlowRider admissions are $15/session or purchase a 10-session FlowRider punch pass for $135.
Read Across America Book Drive
Swim Lesson Information
Spring break and summer vacation are just around the corner. The Snohomish Aquatic Center learn-to-swim program
is designed to help learners of all ages and ability levels become safe and proficient in the water. Swim lessons are available in group, private, and semiprivate formats. Why choose swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center? Our program:
- Is FUN!
- Serves all levels of learners—from those just getting familiar with the water to beginner swimmers to others with competitive aspirations.
- Has levels tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Includes opportunities for in-session advancement.
- Works around busy schedules. We offers a wide variety of session dates and times.
- Click here to learn more.
Upcoming swim lesson schedules and registration information
*Note: Priority registration is available for guests already enrolled/staying in their current day and time slot or our Homeschool Program guests. Guests are encouraged to sign up during their regularly scheduled lesson. We will make every effort to accommodate day/time changes if space should become available once general registration begins.
- Swim Lessons - Spring Session 1 - March 2-April 4 - Spring Session 1 will begin on Monday, March 2 and will run through Saturday, April 4. Priority registration* begins on Monday, February 16. General registration begins on Monday, February 23. Online registration available Monday, February 23 through Sunday, March 1.
- Swim Lessons - Spring Session 2 - April 13-May 16 - Spring Session 2 will begin on Monday, April 13 and will run through Saturday, May 16. Priority registration* begins on Monday, March 23. General registration begins on Monday, March 30. Online registration available beginning Monday, March 30 through Sunday, April 12.
- Swim Lessons - Spring Session 3 - May 18-June 13 - Spring Session 3 will begin on Monday, May 18 and will run through Saturday, June 13. Priority registration* begins on Monday, May 4. General registration begins on Monday, May 11. Online registration available Monday, May 11 through Sunday,
Swim with a U.S. Olympian!
The Fitter and Faster Swim Tour is coming to the Snohomish Aquatic Center. U.S. Olympians Scott Weltz and Julia Smit will lead clinics for swimmers on May 30 and May 31. This is a terrific opportunity for swimmers to swim with, learn from and race some of our nation’s finest!
- Register at http://fitterandfaster.com/register-for-swim-clinics/
- Essentials Clinic is for swimmers 11 and younger. Weltz and Smit will teach the essentials of the two short axis strokes: breaststroke and butterfly. They will lead swimmers through drills and exercises that will improve efficiency and power.
- High Performance Clinic is for swimmers 12 and older. Participants in this session will take steps to perfect the advanced technical aspects of breaststroke, butterfly and IM transitions with Smit and Weltz. Learn how balance, timing and the proper use of power can improve efficiency.
April 2 - Additional Rec Swim
Thursday, April 2 is a non-student day in the Snohomish School District. On that day, we have added an additional open rec swim just for you from 11:15 a.m. –1 p.m.
Regular programming, schedule and hours apply to remainder of the day. Please plan to join us!
Spring Break News - April 4-12
Spring Break in the Snohomish School District is Saturday, April 4 through Sunday, April 12. The Snohomish Aquatic Center has tons of fun, such as Surf 'N Splash Camp, water fitness classes and lots of open rec swim sessions, in store!
Check out the opportunities and schedules by clicking the links below.
Schedules, Lessons & More
Spring Break Schedules/Events