Final Week of Summer Break
There is about one week of summer left before the start of school and our annual facility maintenance closure. Use some of that time to stop in at the Snohomish Aquatic Center! As a reminder, our summer schedules are available through Sunday, September 3. For more information about summer fun at the Snohomish Aquatic Center, please visit the links below.
Labor Day Schedule - Monday, September 4
Them Snohomish Aquatic Center will be open on Monday, September 4, from open 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- 8-11 a.m.- Open lap
- 8-9:30 a.m.- Masters practice (lap swimming also available
- 9:30-11:30 a.m. - SRST practice (lap swimming also available
- 11 a.m.-12:45 p.m. - Open lap/open rec/open diving
- 1-2:45 p.m. - Open lap/open rec/open diving
- 3 p.m. - Closed for Glacier Peak High School/Snohomish High School swim and dive practice
- 8-9 a.m. - Open lap, River Walk/Jog
- 9-10 a.m. - HIIT, River Walk/Jog
- 10-11 a.m. - Open lap, River Walk/Jog
- 11 a.m.-12:45 p.m. - Open rec/open surf
- 1-2:45 p.m. - Open rec/open surf
- 3-4:45 p.m. - Open rec/open surf
The Snohomish Aquatic Center will be closed for routine annual facility maintenance from Tuesday, September 6, through Sunday, September 17. The facility will reopen on Monday, September 18.
Fitter & Faster Is Back
The Snohomish Aquatic Center will again host the Fitter & Faster Swim Tour on Saturday, September 30, and Sunday, October 1. These clinics are geared toward swimmers looking to improve their technique, speed and power and will be taught by Olympic gold medalist Nick Thoman. To learn more and register, please click here.
- Fundamentals of Freestyle and Backstroke (ages 9 and under participant - September 30) - Get ahead of the competition at this swim clinic focusing on teaching you the proper technique for FASTER freestyle and backstroke. Work with Olympic gold medalist Nick Thoman to learn the drills and skills to improve!
- Faster Front Starts, Flip Turns, and Underwater Dolphin Kicking (ages 10 - 12 participant - September 30) - Take your swimming to the next level and learn the details to racing faster! Work with Olympic gold medalist Nick Thoman to learn the drills and skills necessary to improve. The start sets the tone for the race, the turn allows you to maintain momentum, and the dolphin kicks blast you past the competition.
- Walls, Walls, Walls! (ages 13 and over participant - October 1) - The walls are the most missed opportunity to drop time. Most swimmers don't know the key components of proper technique in open turns, flip turns, and underwater dolphin kicking. Learn from two of the fastest swimmers in the world at this swim clinic designed to take your swimming to the next level.
Fall Swim Lessons - Spots Available
Swimming lessons save lives. Learn to swim and stay safe in and around the water. Swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center are available in group, private, and semiprivate formats. Our program:
Register today for our Fall Session 1 - Session will begin on Monday, September 18 and will run through Saturday, October 21. General registration begins Monday, August 28.
- Is FUN!
- Serves guests at any level - from those just getting familiar with the water to beginner swimmers to others with competitive aspirations.
- Has levels tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Includes opportunities for in-session advancement.
- Works around busy schedules. We offer a wide variety of session dates and times.
Strike A Pose
Paddleboard yoga burns between 416-540 calories in an hour. Get in on the calorie burn and fun and participate in one of our paddleboard yoga classes. Paddleboard yoga classes are offered on:
- Friday, October 13
- Friday, November 10
- Friday, November 17
- Friday, December 15
This is a 60-minute specialty class and costs $27/session. Paddleboards are provided by the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Three-month water fitness and 10-session water fitness passes not applicable for this class. Pre-registration required. To register or learn more, visit us at the Welcome Desk. Registration also available online.
New Fees Effective September 18
Effective Monday, September 18, some of the admission fees at the Snohomish Aquatic Center will increase. The new fee structure can be found by clicking here.
Fall Schedules Posted
Click here to view the pool and program schedules (Recreation Pool, Competition Pool, FlowRider and Water Fitness) as of Monday, September 18.
Free Lessons For District 2nd Graders
Swim for Life is offering every 2nd grader enrolled in the Snohomish School District a free session of group swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center for the 2017-2018 school year. (Note: Sessions are typically 4 or 5 weeks long, and classes are offered once or twice a week.) This community program is being funded through generous donations raised through Swim for Life. To learn how to register and other program information, click here.
Swim for Life is a nonprofit organization formed by local community members who have a passion for enriching the lives of young people in our community. Its mission is to make young people safer in the water.