Fitter & Faster - Happening This Weekend
The Snohomish Aquatic Center is hosting Fitter & Faster Swim Tour again this year on Saturday, September 24, and Sunday, September 25. This clinic is geared toward intermediate to advanced swimmers looking to improve their speed and power and will be taught by three-time Olympians Kara Lynn Joyce and Klete Keller. To learn more and register, please click here.
Register For Fall Swim Lessons
Swimming lessons save lives. Learn to swim and stay safe in and around the water. Swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center are available in group, private, and semiprivate formats. Our program:
Register beginning Monday, October 3, for our FALL SESSION 2.
- Is FUN!
- Serves guests at any level - from those just getting familiar with the water to beginner swimmers to others with competitive aspirations.
- Has levels tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Includes opportunities for in-session advancement.
- Works around busy schedules. We offer a wide variety of session dates and times.
Swim To The Next Level
This is the perfect class for those who have been out of the water for awhile or have been hesitant to join a U.S. Master's Swimming program. Registration is now open. Please visit us at the Welcome Desk or call 360-568-8030 to register.
FlowRider Pro/Am Competition Coming Here
We are excited to announce that the Snohomish Aquatic Center will be site of a FlowRider Pro/Am Competition on Friday, October 7, and Saturday, October 8. There will be training sessions, "Flow with a Pro" sessions, wave demonstrations, competitor practices, the FlowRider competition and more. To learn more and register, please click here.
Swim for Life - Dedicated to Enriching Lives
Swim for Life, a nonprofit organization, was recently formed by local Snohomish community members who have a passion for enriching the lives of young people in our community. We're dedicated to providing swimming lessons and water safety services to children regardless of their ability to pay.
Swim for Life is offering every 2nd grader enrolled in the Snohomish School District a free session of group swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center for the 2016-2017 school year. (Note: Sessions are typically 4 or 5 weeks long, and classes are offered once or twice a week.) This community program is being funded through generous donations raised through Swim for Life. For details on how to enroll your Snohomish School District 2nd grader in group lessons at Snohomish Aquatic Center, please click here to download the FAQs. Please contact the Snohomish Aquatic Center at 360-568-8030 with any questions or concerns.
To learn more about Swim for Life, its outreach efforts, scholarships, giving opportunities and more, please visit the Swim for Life website.
Paddleboard Yoga Classes Offered
Paddleboard yoga! Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced yogi, the moment you set foot on the board you will realize that practicing on water is a distinctly different experience. Taking your sun salutation out of the studio and onto the board helps you develop a whole new appreciation for the balance and focus required for every pose. Mindfulness just comes naturally here, as your mind and body click into place to welcome this fresh new adventure.
Paddleboard yoga is offered on Fridays (October 7, October 21, November 11, November 18 and December 16) at 7:15 p.m. This is a 60-minute specialty class and costs $27/session. Paddleboards are provided by the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Three-month water fitness and 10-session water fitness passes not applicable for this class. Pre-registration required. To register or learn more, visit us at the Welcome Desk or click here. Registration also available online.
FlowRider Waivers Now Available Online
It's now even easier to take a ride on or take lessons on our FlowRider!
Closures & Cancellations
- The competition pool will not be available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, September 24, and Sunday, September 25, due to our facility's hosting of the Fitter & Faster Swim Tour.
- The competition pool will be closed on the following days and times for high school and other swim competitions:
- Saturday, October 1 - Competition pool closed from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 4 - Competition pool closes at 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 8 - Competition pool closes at 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 11 - Competition pool closes at 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 22 - Competition pool closes at 4 p.m.
- Thursday, October 27 - Competition pool closes at 2 p.m.
- Friday, October 28 - Competition pool closes at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, October 29 - Competition pool closes at 1 p.m.
- Sunday, October 30 - Competition pool closed until 1 p.m.
- Friday, November 4 - The recreation pool will not be available from 10:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. due to our facility's hosting of the Aquatic Exercise Association annual conference. Our party rental rooms are also not available that day.
- Saturday, November 5 - The 2 p.m. open rec swim has been canceled due to our facility's hosting of the Aquatic Exercise Association annual conference. Our party rental rooms are also not available that day.