Snohomish Aquatic Center News - January 29, 2014
Community Grand Opening Event
We would like to extend a special thanks to all who were able to attend our Community Grand Opening Event on Saturday, January 25. More than 1,000 people visited with us throughout the day. Please join us in thanking those who donated their time or gifts to make Saturday's special event possible!
- Glacier Peak High School Swim and Dive Teams
- Snohomish High School Swim and Dive Teams
- Snohomish StingRay Swim Team
- Snohomish High School ASB Student Leaders
- Glacier Peak High School Student Photographers
- Snohomish High School Student Photographers
- Dull Olson Weekes Architects
- Absher Construction
- Heery International
- The Sports Management Group
- George Orthodontics
- Got Gear Swim Shop
- Simply Sweet
- Snohomish Rotary
- Snohomish Chamber of Commerce
Go Hawks! Facility to close at close at 2 p.m. on Sunday, February 2
In celebration of the Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl celebration, the Snohomish Aquatic Center will close to our community at 2 p.m. on Sunday, February 2.
Facility Schedule for Sunday, February 2
- Open Rec Swim - Noon-1:45 p.m. – Open as scheduled
- Open Surf - Noon-1:45 p.m. – Cancelled
- Facility closes to community at 2 p.m.
- Open Rec Swim - 2-3:45 p.m. - Cancelled
- Open Rec Swim and Open Surf - 4-5:45 p.m. – Cancelled
We will resume our normal schedule on Monday, February 3. We appreciate your understanding.
Important information for guests
Our facility has been open to our community less than a week. For those who have been able to use our facilities, we hope you had a wonderful experience. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through some of the start-up hiccups you may have encountered. We are working hard to adjust our processes to make your visit the best experience possible.
Before visiting the Snohomish Aquatic Center, we ask that you please review the following guidelines:
- Young guests - Guests 6 and under must be accompanied into the pool by a supervising guest (14+) at all times. Guests 6 and under must be within arm's reach of the supervising guest. Guests 11 and under must be supervised by a guest (14+) in the building at all times. One adult may monitor no more than three children (ages 6 and under) in the water.
- Observers - Guests in street clothes are asked to observe from the lobby.
- Attire - Shoes are not allowed on the pool deck - bare feet and flip flops only.
- Locks - Lockers are available for day use by guests. You must bring your own lock and remove it at the end of each visit.
- Towels - Guests must bring their own towels.
- Lifejackets and personal flotation devices - Swim caps and goggles are allowed. The Snohomish Aquatic Center does have some lifejackets that are available free of charge. Tubes and other aquatic toys are also provided free for our guests to use while at the facility. Please do not bring noodles, swimmies, water wings, toys or any other flotation devices from home, as they will not be allowed in the pool.
- Food/drink - No gum is allowed in the facility. No food or drink other than water is permitted in the aquatic areas. No glass on pool deck or in locker rooms. Our vending machines and café host light-fare foods and snacks and beverages. No other outside food or drink is allowed in the lobby or other public spaces.
- Other important rules and information can be found by clicking here.
Learn more about the Snohomish Aquatic Center at one of these resources: