Thank You Guests!
Snohomish Aquatic Center plays a vital role in our community – it is a place where people of all ages not only learn to swim, but also have fun and leave feeling more connected.
Our facility recently completed its first full year of operation (the Snohomish School District's fiscal year is September 1-August 31). Some highlights from the past year include:
- The Snohomish School District girls’ swim team grew by 20% and the boys’ team by 10%.
- There were 60,580 individual drop-in rec swim admissions.
- There were 7,915 family drop-in rec swim admissions.
- There were 5,334 drop-in FlowRider admissions.
- 2,791 guests enjoyed our Preschool Beach Swim program.
- There were 2,339 drop-in water fitness admissions.
- Swim lessons
- 4,721 children participated in a group swim lesson program.
- 300 took dive lessons.
- 2,490 took private swim lessons.
- 193 took FlowRider lessons.
- 1,300 parent/child pairs attended our parent/tot lesson program.
- 84 local youth were on out summer swim team (compared to 35 youth the previous year).
- 495 birthday and private parties were held.
- The U.S. Master’s Swim Team grew from about 10 members to more than 40.
- 3,584 kids attended a summer camp at the facility.
- 1,616 pair of swim goggles, 164 Seahawks towels and more than $3,072 in ice cream bars were sold.
- Silver Sneakers cards were swiped 5,066 times.
- 200 youth swimmers attended the 2-day Fitter and Faster Clinic with U.S. Olympians Julia Smit and Scot Weitz.
Thank you, and we look forward to another fantastic year!
Veterans Day - November 11
Swim for Life Formed to Enrich Young Lives
Did you know?
- Drowning ranks fifth among the leading causes of unintentional injury death in the United States, and second among children in the state of Washington.
- Participation in formal swimming lessons may reduce the risk of drowning by as much as 88 percent among young children aged 1 to 4 years, who are at highest risk of drowning.
- Regular physical activity in childhood and adolescence improves strength and endurance, helps build healthy bones and muscles, helps control weight, reduces anxiety and stress, increases self-esteem, and may improve blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Swim for Life, a nonprofit organization, was recently formed by local community members who have a passion for enriching the lives of young people in our community. Swim for Life’s mission is to make young people safer in the water. Swim for Life is funded through community donations.
Swim for Life is working with the Snohomish Aquatic Center to provide swimming lessons and other aquatic programs to those in the Snohomish School District who wouldn’t normally be able to afford them. The organization also will be developing several programs to facilitate youth participation in aquatic exercise and instruction. Watch for more details about these programs in future communications.
The Snohomish Aquatic Center strives to provide a fun environment in which children can play, learn, and grow, with safety being the primary focus. The progressive learn-to-swim program is designed to help swimmers of all ability levels become safe and proficient in the water, teach essential water safety skills, include opportunities for in-session advancement, and work around busy schedules. The skills learned will carry throughout the lives of many, ensuring healthy and safe habits.
To learn more about Swim for Life or the Snohomish Aquatic Center, contact Chris Bensen at 360-563-1986 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Opportunities Available
We are seeking part-time:
- Party and event hosts
- Guest services representatives
- Water fitness instructors
- Swim instructors
Candidates must like children and have an outgoing personality. Must be able to work a variety of hours (mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends available). Experience is not required. We will train the right candidates. Apply today by clicking this link, and be a part of our amazing team!
We spooked up a great time at our October 31 Spooktacular Halloween event! Thanks to all who were able to join us. To see some photos of the festivities, please click here to check out the photo gallery on our Snohomish Aquatic Center Facebook page
November 27 Black Friday Blowout
Attention Yogis! Paddleboard Yoga Available
Paddleboard yoga! Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced yogi, the moment you set foot on the board you will realize that practicing on water is a distinctly different experience. Taking your sun salutation out of the studio and onto the board helps you develop a whole new appreciation for the balance and focus required for every pose. Mindfulness just comes naturally here, as your mind and body click into place to welcome this fresh new adventure.
Paddleboard Yoga is offered on Fridays (November 13, November 27 and December 11) at 7 p.m. This is a 75-minute specialty class and costs $32/session. Paddleboards are provided by the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Three-month water fitness and 10-session water fitness passes not applicable for this class. Pre-registration required. To register or learn more, visit us at the Welcome Desk. Registration also available online.
Help Us Collect Cereal
Help us help the Snohomish Community Food Bank! We are collecting boxes of cereal for their holiday food drive. Help us meet our 100 box goal! A collection box is available in the lobby.
Closures & Cancellations
- There will be no Deep Water Aerobics class on Wednesday, November 4 and Thursday, November 5.
- The competition pool will close 30 minutes early (at 2:30 p.m.) on the following days due to Snohomish High School and Glacier Peak High School swim and dive meets. All other facility programming remains unchanged.
- Wednesday, November 4
- Thursday, November 5
- Friday, November 6
- The competition pool will not be open on Saturday, November 7, due to Northwest District 1 swim and dive championships. All other facility programming remains unchanged.
Hours & Schedules
The Snohomish Aquatic Center is now utilizing an online calendaring system (Google Calendars) to help with facility schedules. The calendar is available in weekly, monthly and agenda views (see tabs in top right of monthly calendar view) and can be synced to personal calendars on computers, phones and tablets. Click here to view the calendar and pool schedules.
Our online calendaring works with the three most recent versions of these browsers:
- Google Chrome (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Internet Explorer (Windows except Windows XP)
- Firefox (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Safari (Mac)