January News - Snohomish Aquatic Center
January 30 - Hop Into GroundFrog Day With Us!
- The competition pool will be closed from 2:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. on the following dates due to district swim and dive events and activities:
- Tuesday, January 19
- Thursday, January 21
- Thursday, January 28
- There will be no Wibit on Saturday, January 30, due to a WESCO dive meet being held at the facility later that day.
- Thursday, February 4 – Competition pool closes at 1 p.m. (no afternoon U.S. Masters Swimming, Deep Water Aerobics, StingRay Swim Team or open lap)
- Friday, February 5 - Competition pool closes at 1 p.m. (no StingRay Swim Team and open lap)
- Saturday, February 6 - Competition pool closes at noon (no open rec swim/dive/lap/Wibit or underwater hockey)
- Wednesday, February 10 - Competition pool closes at 2 p.m. (no StingRay Swim Team, Monroe YMCA, Deep Water Aerobics or open lap)
- Thursday, February 11 - Competition pool closes at 2 p.m. (no afternoon U.S. Masters Swimming, Deep Water Aerobics, StingRay Swim Team or open lap)
- Friday, February 12 - Competition pool closes at 2 p.m. (no StingRay Swim Team, Paddleboard Yoga and open lap)
- Saturday, February 13 - Competition pool closes at 8:30 a.m. (StingRay Swim Team done at 8:30 a.m. - no Wibit or underwater hockey)
Job Opportunities Available
We are seeking part-time:
- Guest services representatives
- Water fitness instructors
- Swim instructors
- Party assistants
Candidates must like children and have an outgoing personality. Must be able to work a variety of hours (mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends available). Experience is not required. We will train the right candidates. Apply today by clicking this link, and be a part of our amazing team!
Strike A Pose
Paddleboard yoga burns between 416-540 calories in an hour. Get in on the calorie burn and fun and participate in one of our paddleboard yoga classes. Paddleboard yoga classes are offered on Friday, January 22 and Friday, February 19 at 7 p.m. This is a 75-minute specialty class and costs $32/session. Paddleboards are provided by the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Three-month water fitness and 10-session water fitness passes not applicable for this class. Pre-registration required. To register or learn more, visit us at the Welcome Desk. Registration also available online.
Swim & Dive Lesson Information
Winter Session 2 general registration
Why choose swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center?
for those not currently enrolled in a lesson program
begins Monday, January 25.
Group swim lessons -
- Is FUN!
- Serves all levels of learners - from those just getting familiar with the water to beginner swimmers to others with competitive aspirations.
- Has levels tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Includes opportunities for in-session advancement.
- Works around busy schedules. We offer a wide variety of session dates and times.
- Click this link to watch a video to learn more about our swim lesson program.
Learning to swim is more than just stroke development. Guests are taught in small groups with others of their own age and skill level to facilitate the students’ socialization skills. Instructors use an approach which offers active involvement and a better understanding of swimming, thus more learning and more fun.Learning to swim is more than just stroke development. Guests are taught in small groups with others of their own age and skill level to facilitate the students’ socialization skills. Instructors use an approach which offers active involvement and a better understanding of swimming, thus more learning and more fun.
The Snohomish Aquatic Center Diving Program is designed to teach the safe and proper way to use the springboard while introducing diving FUNdamentals. Everyone progresses at his/her own level and learns new skills along the way. Most importantly – everyone has a ton of fun!
Hours & Schedules
The Snohomish Aquatic Center utilizes an online calendaring system (Google Calendars) to help with facility schedules. The calendar is available in weekly, monthly and agenda views (see tabs in top right of monthly calendar view) and can be synced to personal calendars on computers, phones and tablets.