Join Us During Winter Break
Click the links below to view Winter Break pdf pool and program schedules (December 21-January 3):
- Deep Water Aerobics classes this evening (Wednesday, December 9) and on Saturday, December 19, have been cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- The competition pool will be closed on Saturday, December 12, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. due to a YMCA swim meet. There will be no Wibit at the 4 p.m. open rec swim. All other facility schedules and programming remain unchanged.
Swim & Dive Lesson Information
Group swim lessons
Learning to swim is more than just stroke development. Guests are taught in small groups with others of their own age and skill level to facilitate the students’ socialization skills. Instructors use an approach which offers active involvement and a better understanding of swimming, thus more learning and more fun.
The Snohomish Aquatic Center Diving Program is designed to teach the safe and proper way to use the springboard while introducing diving FUNdamentals. Everyone progresses at his/her own level and learns new skills along the way. Most importantly – everyone has a ton of fun!
We are offering a lifeguard training course at the Snohomish Aquatic Center during Winter Break. Registration now. Total cost is $200/registrant (payable to the Snohomish Aquatic Center). Those interested can register at the Welcome Desk.
Registrants must attend all of the classes:
- Sunday, December 13 - Noon to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, December 27 - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday, December 28 - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 29 - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 30 - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, December 31 - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
All applicants will be required to complete a prerequisite swimming evaluation on the first day of class. Any questions should be directed to email@example.com.
Paddleboard Yoga - December 11
Paddleboard yoga! Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced yogi, the moment you set foot on the board you will realize that practicing on water is a distinctly different experience. Taking your sun salutation out of the studio and onto the board helps you develop a whole new appreciation for the balance and focus required for every pose. Mindfulness just comes naturally here, as your mind and body click into place to welcome this fresh new adventure.
Paddleboard Yoga will be offered on Friday, December 11 at 7 p.m. This is a 75-minute specialty class and costs $32/session. Paddleboards are provided by the Snohomish Aquatic Center. Three-month water fitness and 10-session water fitness passes not applicable for this class. Pre-registration required.
To register or learn more, visit us at the Welcome Desk. Registration also available online. Please note: If we do not have enough interest in this class, we may need to cancel it in 2016.
We hope you enjoy your time with friends and family this holiday season. The Snohomish Aquatic Center will observe the following:
- Thursday, December 24 - Facility closed
- Friday, December 25 - Facility closed
- Thursday, December 31 - Facility will close early at 3 p.m.
- Friday, January 1 - Facility closed
The Perfect Gift
We have a little something for nearly everyone on your list. Consider purchasing guest passes or a Snohomish Aquatic Center gift card that could be used for lessons, fees, passes and more! We also have t-shirts, towels and other aquatic gear. Stop in and see what we have to offer!
Winter Break Camp - Register Now
Have you signed your kids up for our Winter Break Surf 'N Splash Camp?
Camp details include:
- Camp held Monday, December 28 – Wednesday, December 30 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Available for campers ages 8 – 14
- Maximum enrollment: 12 campers. Enroll online at https://online.spectrumng.net/Snohomish or visit the Snohomish Aquatic Center Welcome Desk.
- $135/camper – Includes lunch
- Camp includes 75 minutes of exclusive FlowRider training followed by an open recreation swim with additional use of the FlowRider. FlowRider participants must meet the minimum requirements in order to use the equipment.
- Bring your own lock and towel, but we have both for sale in case you forget!
Help Us Collect Toys
The Snohomish Aquatic Center Master’s Team is registered with U.S. Master’s Swimming, the national governing body for adult swimming is for anyone 18 or older. The program is designed for the swimmer who desires a structured workout, formal competition training or is an aspiring triathlete. We currently offer seven coached practices per week to assist guests in achieving their swimming goals. Snohomish Aquatic Center Master's Team members may also practice on their own during open lap swim sessions or with posted workouts for the week. Our objective is to assist you in achieving your swimming and fitness goals. Join us for expert coaching, technique instruction, camaraderie, competition and much more!
We offer coached practices on:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 5:30 a.m. – 7 a.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Girls' Swim & Dive Team Closes Out Season
Congratulations to the Snohomish School District girls swimmers and divers on the close of a terrific season! In addition to the below team results, a number of our swimmers and divers participated as individuals in the state swim and dive competition. Congrats!
- Snohomish High School - Girls Swim and Dive – 5th in districts
- Snohomish High School Distinguished Team Award (GPA 3.0-3.49) - Girls Swim and Dive - Team GPA 3.442
- Glacier Peak High School - Girls Swim and Dive - 1st in districts
- Glacier Peak High School Distinguished Team Award (GPA 3.0-3.49) - Girls Swim and Dive - Team GPA 3.417
The Snohomish Aquatic Center utilizes an online calendaring system (Google Calendars) to help with facility schedules. The calendar is available in weekly, monthly and agenda views (see tabs in top right of monthly calendar view) and can be synced to personal calendars on computers, phones and tablets.