Halloween October 31 schedule
Are you ready to have a spooktacularly great time? Please note the Friday, October 31 special schedule/events at the Snohomish Aquatic Center:
- Regular Friday facility programming, schedule and hours until 2:45 p.m.
- The last open rec swim will be held from 1 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- The Competition Pool will not be available from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Halloween Spooktacular event will be held from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Special guest - Elsa from Disney's Frozen will be at the Halloween Spooktacular event and will be available to pose for pictures. Guests need to bring their own camera.
- Early closure - Facility will close at 7:30 p.m.
- We will be launching our Wibit play structure in the Competition Pool at the Halloween Spooktacular event.
Swim lesson information
Learning to swim is more than just stroke development. Guests are taught in small groups with others of their own age and skill level to facilitate the students’ socialization skills. Instructors use an approach which offers active involvement and a better understanding of swimming, thus more learning and more fun.
Interested in a private swim lesson or want some 1:1 time to master your strokes? We offer private lessons for $30 per 30-minute lesson (plus 5 minutes of consultation time at the end). We will contact guests with an instructor who meets their needs. For more information, please visit the Welcome Desk or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surf’s up at the Snohomish Aquatic Center! Flow lessons are offered in 5-week sessions that meet once per week. The cost per 5-week session is $62.50. Pick an ability level and lesson date/time that works for you! For more information, visit the Welcome Desk at the Snohomish Aquatic Center.
- Beginning lessons help new riders learn how to body board and introduces body boarding tricks. New riders - this is the spot for you! Beginner lessons offered Mondays at 5 p.m. and Wednesdays at 5 p.m.
- Advanced lessons introduce more challenging body board tricks, stand up riding and stand up tricks. If you're a seasoned rider looking to increase your skill and add some fancy tricks to your flow repertoire, look no further! Advanced lessons offered Mondays at 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
- Adult lessons combine the beginner/advanced curriculum with a time reserved for adult riders. Adult lessons are offered Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
- Teen lessons help progress teens to the stand-up stage, and then introduce the tricks that turn everybody's head! Teen lessons are offered Thursdays at 6 p.m.
Food drive at Snohomish Aquatic Center
Wibit coming to Competition Pool
On your mark, get set... have fun! Think of the Wibit as a floating obstacle course. Our course includes a swing, climbing walls, a jumping platform and slides all built in. The Wibit is certain to entertain guests of all ages. The Wibit, which is located in the Competition Pool, will be open to guests beginning at our Halloween Spooktacular on Friday, October 31 (see info above). It will also be available on Sundays beginning November 9. Click here to view the Competition Pool/Wibit schedule (as of November 9)
General Wibit rules - Applicable to all guests and all aspects of the structure
Action Tower XL (climbing tower) rules
- Obey the lifeguards at all times.
- Please refrain from hanging on the ropes.
- All guests using the structure must be able to pass the competition pool swim test without a lifejacket.
- Lifejackets are allowed on the structure, but all users must pass competition pool swim test.
- Please remove necklaces, watches, rings and other sharp items before use.
- Please do not swim under the structure.
- Entry onto the structure is allowed only via the designated entry ramp, or the climbing portion of the action tower. Entry area lifeguard will signal when it is safe to get on the structure.
- After exiting (or falling off) the structure please swim away from the structure. Please avoid any ropes, or exit areas of the structure.
- Lifeguards have the authority to regulate traffic based on weight/usage.
- Entry to the tower is from the junction in the middle, or the climbing wall
- Guests that successfully make it up the climbing wall are asked to exit via the slide, or the platform.
- One person at a time on the climbing wall, and people waiting should not wait directly beneath the wall
- Feet first/bottom down when going down the slide. After sliding guests please exit the landing area-Feet first only when jumping off the platform.
- Please take caution when waiting for or reaching for the swing handle.
- Only one swing user at a time. Please ensure the water is clear before swinging.
- If you make it across, please exit via the slide (feet first only).
- After entering the water from the slide, please exit the landing area as quickly as possible.
- If you fall into the water please climb onto the ramp or exit the structure as quickly as possible, so the next guest can attempt the swing.
- Only one person can be ‘blobbed’ at a time, and only by one person.
- Guests wishing to use the blob need to wait for the ok from the lifeguard.
- After entering the water, guests should swim toward the wall, not towards the structure.
Snohomish Aquatic Center opportunities
The Snohomish Aquatic Center is looking for lifeguards and swim instructors. Regarding the lifeguard positions - We are specifically looking for lifeguards with early morning and daytime availability. Applicants must be lifeguard certified. Daytime availability is a must. For more information and to apply for any of the open positions, please visit the Snohomish Aquatic Center job opportunities site or email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Wednesday night yoga classes
Strike a pose! The Snohomish Aquatic Center offers dry-land yoga classes on Wednesday nights. No registration or experience required. Classes are Wednesdays at 8 p.m. and cost $7.50/hour. Drop in, bring your own mat and give it a try!
Competitive swim/dive - impact to Competition Pool
The Competition Pool will be closed at the following days/times due to Snohomish High School and Glacier Peak High School Girls' Swim and Dive home meets and other swim competitions (Note: The Recreation Pool will be open/available for public use.):
- October 30, 2014 (closed from 2:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. - 7 p.m. U.S. Master’s Swimming practice cancelled - 7:30 p.m. deep water aerobics class has been rescheduled to 8 p.m. for this evening only)
- October 31, 2014 (closed from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
- November 5, 2014 (closed from 2:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. - 7 p.m. deep water aerobics class cancelled)
- November 7, 2014 (closed from 2:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
- November 8, 2014 (closed from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
Welcome Desk hours
Please check schedules (listed above) for specific pool, program and open rec swim times.
- Mondays - Fridays - 5:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturdays - 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sundays - Noon - 6 p.m.