Swim/Dive/Surf Lesson Information
Learning to swim is more than just stroke development. Guests are taught in small groups with others of their own age and skill level to facilitate the students’ socialization skills. Instructors use an approach which offers active involvement and a better understanding of swimming, thus more learning and more fun.
Interested in a private swim lesson or want some 1:1 time to master your strokes? We offer private lessons for $30 per 30-minute lesson (plus 5 minutes of consultation time at the end). We will contact guests with an instructor who meets their needs.
The Snohomish Aquatic Center Diving Program is designed to teach the safe and proper way to use the springboard while introducing diving FUNdamentals. Everyone progresses at his/her own level and learns new skills along the way. Most importantly – everyone has a ton of fun! Stop in and visit our Welcome Desk if interested.
This is a great way to teach youngsters in 1st through 6th grades the basics of diving. Because learning to dive involves jumping, tumbling and splashing, it’s an activity kids will really love. We help guide and develop children’s confidence and ability to try new skills in a safe and rewarding environment. This course is an entertaining start to a young person’s first sessions in the sport. We cover many aspects of diving, including balance, body control and aerial awareness. Lessons are a combination of flexibility training, diving and some basic gymnastics skills, plus teaching of discipline and sportsmanship. Our main focus is fun. Beginning diving is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m. No experience necessary!
This group is for intermediate divers who have completed all skill levels of the Beginning Diving program. Classes are designed to introduce more dives and skills to those divers who seek to compete and/or advance skill levels. Intermediate diving is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Instructor approval required.
Surf’s up at the Snohomish Aquatic Center! Flow lessons are offered in 5-week sessions that meet once per week. The cost per 5-week session is $62.50. Pick an ability level and lesson date/time that works for you! For more information, visit the Welcome Desk at the Snohomish Aquatic Center.
- Beginning lessons help new riders learn how to body board and introduces body boarding tricks. New riders - this is the spot for you! Beginner lessons offered Mondays at 5 p.m. and Wednesdays at 5 p.m.
- Advanced lessons introduce more challenging body board tricks, stand up riding and stand up tricks. If you're a seasoned rider looking to increase your skill and add some fancy tricks to your flow repertoire, look no further! Advanced lessons offered Mondays at 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
- Adult lessons combine the beginner/advanced curriculum with a time reserved for adult riders. Adult lessons are offered Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
- Teen lessons help progress teens to the stand-up stage, and then introduce the tricks that turn everybody's head! Teen lessons are offered Thursdays at 6 p.m.
Winter Break - Additional Open Rec Swims
Winter Break (December 20 through January 4) is just around the corner. We have some additional open rec swim sessions planned. We hope you can join us at one or more of them!
Winter Break - Surf 'N Swim Camp
- Monday, December 29 – Wednesday, December 31 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Available for campers ages 7 – 17]
- Maximum enrollment: 10 campers. Enroll at the Snohomish Aquatic Center Welcome Desk during regular business hours beginning Thursday, December 11. A minimum registration must be met, or camp will be cancelled. A determination will be made by Sunday, December 21, and all prospective campers will be given confirmation of the decision.
- $125/camper – Includes lunch and a tote bag
- Camp includes 75 minutes of exclusive FlowRider® training followed by an open recreation swim with additional use of the FlowRider®. FlowRider® participants must meet the minimum requirements in order to use the equipment. Bring your own lock and towel, but we have both for sale in case you forget!
- FlowRider® requirements: All riders under 18 must have a liability waiver form signed by a legal guardian. Guests must be 42-inches tall to ride the boogie boards and 52-inches tall and less than 250 pounds to ride the stand-up boards.
- Click here to download the camp flier.
Schedule Changes/ Cancellations
We hope you enjoy your time with friends and family this holiday season. The Snohomish Aquatic Center will observe the following:
- Wednesday, December 24 - Facility closed
- Thursday, December 25 - Facility closed
- Thursday, January 1 - Facility closed
- Wednesday, December 31 - Facility will close early at 3 p.m.
Do you need just one more gift for that special someone? Give the gift of swimming! Consider purchasing a Snohomish Aquatic Center gift card that could be used for lessons, fees, passes and more! We also have sweatshirts, towels and other aquatic gear. Come check us out!
Schedules, Camps, Lessons and More