Splash Into 2016
Swim & Dive Lesson Information
Winter Session 2 general registration
Why choose swim lessons at the Snohomish Aquatic Center?
for those not currently enrolled in a lesson program
begins Monday, January 25.
Group swim lessons -
- Is FUN!
- Serves all levels of learners - from those just getting familiar with the water to beginner swimmers to others with competitive aspirations.
- Has levels tailored to teach essential water safety skills and logical swim skill progression.
- Includes opportunities for in-session advancement.
- Works around busy schedules. We offer a wide variety of session dates and times.
- Click this link to watch a video to learn more about our swim lesson program.
Learning to swim is more than just stroke development. Guests are taught in small groups with others of their own age and skill level to facilitate the students’ socialization skills. Instructors use an approach which offers active involvement and a better understanding of swimming, thus more learning and more fun.Learning to swim is more than just stroke development. Guests are taught in small groups with others of their own age and skill level to facilitate the students’ socialization skills. Instructors use an approach which offers active involvement and a better understanding of swimming, thus more learning and more fun.
The Snohomish Aquatic Center Diving Program is designed to teach the safe and proper way to use the springboard while introducing diving FUNdamentals. Everyone progresses at his/her own level and learns new skills along the way. Most importantly – everyone has a ton of fun!
Pass Sale Ending Soon!
Master's Team Travels Coast to Coast
The Snohomish Aquatic Center Master’s Team did it! Within the past year, the group swam to Fort Lauderdale and back to Snohomish. In December 2015 alone, the group swam 697 miles, well more than the 552 needed to finish the last leg of their trip home!
Here are a few stats from their journey across America:
- Total miles the group saw to get to Fort Lauderdale – 3,787.6
- Total miles the group swam to get back from Fort Lauderdale – 2,860.1
- Total miles completed in 2015 – 6,647.7
- Total number of laps – 233,999
- Total number of yards – 11,699,952
- Number of contributing swimmers – 50
January 18 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
There is no school in the Snohomish School District on Monday, January 18, in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We have planned an additional open rec swim session that day from 1-2:45 p.m. All other schedules and programming that day remain unchanged.
The competition pool will close early at 2:30 p.m. on the following dates due to district swim and dive events and activities (other programming and activities are not affected):
- Tuesday, January 19
- Thursday, January 21
- Thursday, January 28
- Thursday, January 30 (6 p.m. closure due to WESCO dive meet)
Hours & Schedules
The Snohomish Aquatic Center utilizes an online calendaring system (Google Calendars) to help with facility schedules. The calendar is available in weekly, monthly and agenda views (see tabs in top right of monthly calendar view) and can be synced to personal calendars on computers, phones and tablets.