It seems like just yesterday we opened our doors to our guests and community.
On January 25, the Snohomish Aquatic Center will celebrate its 1st Anniversary.
We are grateful for you and your experiences at our facility.
Without you, the Snohomish Aquatic Center would not be possible.
We invite you to please share with us your favorite part of the facility,
best memory, ideas, observations, thoughts and suggestions.
Email us at email@example.com.
Swimming is FUNdamental
Swim, Dive & Surf Lesson Registration Information
Group swim lessons
Our next group swim lesson session starts on Monday, February 2. Swim lesson priority registration (guests already enrolled/staying in their current day and timeslot or Homeschool Program guests) begins on Thursday, January 22. General registration is from Thursday, January 29 through Sunday, February 1.
Learning to swim is more than just stroke development. Guests are taught in small groups with others of their own age and skill level to facilitate the students’ socialization skills. Instructors use an approach which offers active involvement and a better understanding of swimming, thus more learning and more fun.
Private swim lessons
Interested in a private swim lesson or want some 1:1 time to master your strokes? We offer private lessons for $30 per 30-minute lesson (plus 5 minutes of consultation time at the end). Please visit our Welcome Desk or call (360) 568-8030 for more information. We will contact guests with an instructor who meets their needs.
This is the place for homeschoolers (K-12) to engage in aquatic exercise, as well as develop relationships with their peers. Guests will get 45 minutes of open recreation pool time and 45 minutes of swim instruction. Please visit our Welcome Desk or call (360) 568-8030 for more information.
- Classes are from 1-2:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Fees are $50/guest (once a week for 4-week session) or $100/guest (twice a week for 4-week session).
The Snohomish Aquatic Center Diving Program is designed to teach the safe and proper way to use the springboard while introducing diving FUNdamentals. Everyone progresses at his/her own level and learns new skills along the way. Most importantly – everyone has a ton of fun! Please visit our Welcome Desk or call (360) 568-8030 for more information.
This is a great way to teach youngsters in 1st through 6th grades the basics of diving. Because learning to dive involves jumping, tumbling and splashing, it’s an activity kids will really love. We help guide and develop children’s confidence and ability to try new skills in a safe and rewarding environment. This course is an entertaining start to a young person’s first sessions in the sport. We cover many aspects of diving, including balance, body control and aerial awareness. Lessons are a combination of flexibility training, diving and some basic gymnastics skills, plus teaching of discipline and sportsmanship. Our main focus is fun. Beginning diving is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m. No experience necessary!
This group is for intermediate divers who have completed all skill levels of the Beginning Diving program. Classes are designed to introduce more dives and skills to those divers who seek to compete and/or advance skill levels. Intermediate diving is offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. Instructor approval required.
Surf’s up at the Snohomish Aquatic Center! Flow lessons are offered in 4-week sessions that meet once per week. The cost per 4-week session is $50. Pick an ability level and lesson date/time that works for you! For more information, call (360) 568-8030 or visit the Welcome Desk at the Snohomish Aquatic Center.
- Beginning lessons help new riders learn how to body board and introduces body boarding tricks. New riders - this is the spot for you! Beginner lessons offered Wednesdays at 5 p.m.
- Advanced lessons introduce more challenging body board tricks, stand up riding and stand up tricks. If you're a seasoned rider looking to increase your skill and add some fancy tricks to your flow repertoire, look no further! Advanced lessons offered Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
- Adult lessons combine the beginner/advanced curriculum with a time reserved for adult riders. Adult lessons are offered Thursdays at 8:15 p.m.
- Teen lessons help progress teens to the stand-up stage, and then introduce the tricks that turn everybody's head! Teen lessons are offered Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.
Online Registration Now Available
Interested in registering online for swim, dive or surf lessons? Please click here to create an online account and register for programs at the Snohomish Aquatic Center.
No School January 26 - Additional Open Rec Swim
There is no school in the Snohomish School District on Monday, January 26. What better way to enjoy the day than by swimming at the Snohomish Aquatic Center. We've added an additional open rec swim for the afternoon from 1 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. We would love it if you could join us (all other programming for the day remains as scheduled).
Upcoming Swim Meets/Competition Pool Closures
Reminder - On the following days the Competition Pool will be closed at the following times due to swim and dive meets (all other facility programming remains unchanged):
- Thursday, January 22 - closed from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 27 - closed from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, February 5 - closed for day after 3 p.m.
- Friday, February 6 - closed for day after 3 p.m. - METRO League Championship Prelims
- Saturday, February 7 - closed for day after 2 p.m. - METRO League Championship Finals
- Wednesday, February 11 - closed for day after 2:30 p.m. - WESCO District 1 3A/4A Diving Prelims
- Thursday, February 12 - closed for day after 3 p.m. - WESCO District 1 4A Swimming Prelims
- Friday, February 13 - closed for day after 3 p.m. - WESCO District 1 3A Swimming Prelims
- Saturday, February 14 - closed for day after 8:30 a.m. - WESCO District 1 3A/4A Swimming and Diving Finals
Guests are invited to watch any or all of the upcoming meets to cheer on our Snohomish High School Panthers and Glacier Peak High School Grizzlies. Please note that admission will be charged for all events as they are championship/post season swim meets.
Mark Your Calendars
The Snohomish Aquatic Center has lots of great events and activities planned the coming months. We hope you will be able to join us at one or all of them. Mark your calendars and watch for more details in upcoming communications from the Snohomish Aquatic Center. We are excited to be a part of these events, and can't wait to see you there!
Ground Frog Day - January 31
- Snohomish's 10th Anniversary Ground Frog Day Celebration and Frognostication Ceremony with the famous Snohomish Slew will be held Saturday, January 31, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Avenue A Gazebo in downtown Snohomish. The public is invited to participate in the special celebration activities, which have been planned by the Snohomish Chamber of Commerce and Tim Noah Thumbnail Theater. Celebration activities include games, face painting, crafts, dancing and a ceremony. Following the ceremony, come "Ribbit on the Wibit" at the Snohomish Aquatic Center Ground Frog Day Pool Party held at 2 p.m. The Snohomish Aquatic Center will have a booth at the ceremony and will distribute $1 off special session fee coupons to attendees.
Fitter & Faster Swim Tour - May 30/31
- The Fitter & Faster Swim Tour is coming to the Snohomish Aquatic Center on Saturday, May 30 and Sunday, May 31. Plan to join us as two Team USA competitive swimmers from the U.S. Olympic Team will be running a two-day swim clinic focusing on breaststroke, butterfly and the IM. Watch for more details in the coming weeks!
Kla Ha Ya Days Festival - July 18/19
- We are excited to be a part of this year's Snohomish Kla Ha Ya Days Festival on Saturday, July 18 and Sunday, July 19. Watch for us at the parade and look for our special display and sign-up opportunities at the festival.
January Promotion - Student Discount Days
Tuesdays and Thursdays are a lot more fun at the Snohomish Aquatic Center! Check out our January 2015 promotion!
Schedules, Lessons & More