January is Emotional Wellness Month:
We are continuing Emotional Wellness Month through January at Uncommon! Emotional Wellness is the ability to deal with challenges in life, build positive relationships with others, and encourage the use of healthy coping skills. When we learn the names of feelings and how to express them in appropriate ways we are supporting emotional wellness. By practicing emotional wellness we are reducing our stress, getting quality sleep, using healthy coping skills, and choosing a brighter outlook on life!
Below are a few family friendly resources to practice emotional wellness!
Rochester Prep Family Champions Facebook Group:
We have launched a group on Facebook just for you. We will still maintain our public Facebook page and we encourage you to “like” it if you haven’t already. We will continue to post items about our school that are of interest to the general public. Our parents’ group is private and only open to parents. It will provide timely and accurate information specifically for Rochester Prep parents, such as announcements about school re-openings, COVID-19 testing availability and upcoming Family Champion meetings. As we continue to deal with the pandemic, it’s important for us to share information with you in as many ways as possible. We encourage you to join the group so that you can stay informed.
After you click on the link, you will be taken to a page on Facebook where you can request to join the group. You will be asked one question: whether you are a parent of a Rochester Prep student. Once you answer that, we’ll get notified and let you into the group.
Looking forward to seeing you on Facebook.
Rochester Prep Family Champions Meeting January 27th:
Our next Family Champions meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, January 27th at 5:30PM via Zoom, we’ll be joined by ESL Financial Wellness Manager Malik Evans who will facilitate a session on the fundamentals of financial literacy. Interested families can register here.
Feel free to contact Shanai Lee (Shanai.Lee@rochesterprep.org) if you have any questions or concerns. Family Champions meet on a monthly basis, and you are encouraged to attend as many meetings as possible to stay abreast of current news and hear about resources and opportunities available throughout our community.
Family Champions who attend 3 consecutive meetings will receive a gift card as a token of appreciation for partnership when you fill out the feedback forms after each meeting.
Our community is so rich with resources, below is a brief listing of programs and initiatives.
- Enrollment is taking place now for New York’s Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). To determine program eligibility, please see income guidelines here.
- Join City of Rochester officials at 6:30 on Thursdays to learn how we are coming together as a community to create jobs, build safe and vibrant neighborhoods and generate educational opportunities for all.
- College students seeking a summer internship for 2021, please don’t miss this excellent opportunity! Excellus BlueCross BlueShield has started the recruitment process for their 2021 Summer College Internship Program.
- Visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Center for regular updates and notifications.
- Financial Assistance for Renters & Landlords: For your consideration, if you are a renter or landlord in need of financial assistance, or you want to learn about efforts to restart the Rochester economy, please click on the JumpstartingROC link: https://www.jumpstartingroc.com/