Draft programme outline is now available
The draft programme outline of LxAddictions19 ‘Future of addictions: new frontiers for policy, practice and science’ is now available online. Three plenaries open each conference day:
- ‘New frontiers for addiction science’, day one, with keynote speaker Marilyn Huestis.
- ‘Learning from the past to meet the challenges of the future’, day two, with Karl Lund and Johanna Gripenberg.
- ‘Horizons in addiction science’, day three, with Olivier George and Sharon Walsh.
LxAddictions19 will be packed with cutting-edge research and high-level content organised in structured sessions, oral presentation sessions, workshops, short communications sessions and guided poster tours.
The main stage of the conference will cover major sessions organised by our six co-producers. They have developed a rich and diverse programme around selected topics, built around packages of topical strands, sessions and guided poster tours. Learn more about our co-producers.
LxAddictions ends each day with a big debate moderated by Florence Ranson. Confirmed panel members are Laura d’Arrigo, Jennifer Price, Kevin Sabet, Wayne Hall, Henrietta Bowden-Jones, Axel Klein, Niamh Fitzgerald, Patrick Picavet and Mariann Skar.
The topics under debate will be:
- Will changes in cannabis policy result in greater costs or greater benefits?
- Industry friend of foe? Can industry contribute to better addiction science, policy, and actions?
- Is there sufficient participation of civil society and effected communities in shaping drug policies and drug services?
LxAddictions19 will close with Sir John Strang discussing 'Preventing deaths from heroin overdose: better science, fuller understanding, greater impact' and Angela Morelli on the topic of 'Future perspectives on designing information for impact and decision-making'.
Check out the draft programme outline and stay tuned for more exciting news.