What Can I do?
First, please pray as above, and as the Lord leads!
Concrete ways to support God’s work in Nicaragua:
- Consider committing to support the offering for an area leader, such as Mayerling. She worked for two years to have a CHE Vision Seminar in her community. The CHE for Children ministry has captivated her, and the children love her. Not only does she have leadership and organizational abilities, but her vegetable garden was the best of all last year!
- How about this - four families/Sunday School classes/fellowship groups could contribute $12.50 a month, and that would be Mayerling’s offering! Those contributing would receive updates on Mayerling’s work.
- Or this - the First Congregational church of Harford just had a yard sale, and raised 3 months support for Jose Luis and Dania! Wonderfully, they are going to do it again.
- Or this - Pat and Sherry make beautiful hand-made cards, which they dearly love to do, and sell them to their friends. They have contributed several month’s support, too!
- AND, you can participate by buying their cards on Etsy! https://www.etsy.com/shop/HopeMarketplaceCards
Have a card party, take a few to your Bible study, or to work.
- If you are interested in bringing a team to Nicaragua, please contact Anne Thompson. Her phone number is 570-504-5908 or you can contact her at email@example.com.
You can VISIT the person(s) you support! Visit their neighbors, go to church with them, sit around the table with them and their family, go for a hike……. We would set that up for you.
What ideas do you have? Let us know! Let’s work shoulder to shoulder with CHE in Nicaragua’s rural communities.