Delhi Govt has given an in-principle approval to the Land Pooling Policy. To address the issue of land for construction of facilities such as electrical sub-stations, stadiums, industrial areas, old-age homes, hostels, schools, etc., Delhi Govt has demanded 10-15% of the pooled land (from DDA's share) for free.
As per the Land-Pooling Policy Notification dated 5th September 2013 by MoUD, the land use distribution adopted for this policy is as under :-
- Gross Residential: 53%.
- Commercial: 5%
- Industrial: 4%
- Recreational: 16%
- Public & Semi-Public Facilities (PSP): 10%
- Roads & Circulation: 12%
Delhi Govt is, therefore, looking at the Industrial land and some PSP land as mentioned above for implementation of its social welfare projects.
The demand shall in all probability be accepted by the DDA as "implementation of land pooling policy is crucial for Delhi's development", said a senior official of DDA.
Our view is that with Delhi Govt giving In-Principle approval, there does not appear to be any hurdle in early implementation of Land Pooling Policy. The minor issue of land allotment to Delhi Govt for public facilities free of cost is likely to be sorted out in very near future as in any case the land for social infrastructure was till now given at a very low cost. For example- The 89.72 Ha land for the upcoming Rs.40,000 Crore Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre coming up at Dwarka was handed over at the cost of Rs.1 by DDA (Click here to know more).
During the month of June 2016, a series of events on Land Pooling were reported in the press.
- Kissan Ssammelan urging the AAP Government to expedite approval to LPP. (23rd June 2016)
- Representative of Delhi Government assuring demarcation of Land Pooling areas within 15 days- 31st May 2016. View the complete story.
- Delhi Government notification put in the public domain regarding the repeal of sections of Delhi Land Reforms Act-1954 to enable smooth operationalisation of Land Pooling Policy- 1st June 2016. View the complete story.
- Full Page advertisements in leading newspapers on behalf of Mr. Arvind Kejriwal soliciting suggestions from General Public on Para 3 ibid- 24th June 2016. View the complete advertisement.
All indications are, therefore, pointing towards an early implementation of the pooling process.