We are looking forward to welcoming your children into the building in the coming week.
Your child’s first day in the building is:
- Thursday, October 1: COHORT E
- Friday, October 2: Students who have elected for in-person services
- Monday, October 5: COHORT A
- Tuesday, October 6: COHORT B
- Wednesday, October 7: COHORT C
Homeroom teachers have reviewed with their students where they will line up in the morning. If your child does not remember, please consult the in-person-school line-up map.
1. Evidence that they have completed a health screening. EVERY DAY before they enter the school building. This can be done by parents or students in one of two ways:
WHAT YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO BRING WITH THEM
- Option A: Use the following link to complete it online: https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/. Please note that your child’s DOE username and password is the same one they use to enter Zoom. You can also sign in as a guest. You will get a confirmation that it has been completed. Your child must show the confirmation before entering the building. You can also use this QR to get to the online screening form.
Please see the September 21 DOE Update Letter for Families which explains the health screenings, where to get tested for COVID-19, how to stay informed on COVID-19 cases in your school community, and what transportation to and from school looks like.
- Option B: Complete the DOE health screening on paper either at home or once they arrive at school. (Copies will be available at the 108th Street entrance and at the corner of 107th and Columbus Avenue. Your child must hand in the paper and have their temperature checked before entering.
2. School supplies.
3. An extra mask.
- A notebook and folder for each of the classes they are scheduled to have in school.
- Pens, pencils, and some extras, as no supplies will be given out.
- A calculator (if they are scheduled for math)
- A FULLY charged device (laptop or tablet with keyboard)
Your child should have one on when they leave your home and should keep it on until they return home.
4. A face shield.
A face shield MUST be worn during the brief snack time. For students with allergies who may need to blow their nose or sneeze more often this is also important.
5. A water bottle with a straw (suggested).
A water bottle with a straw in it so that it can be used without removing the mask. Please label the water bottle with your child's name.
6. A snack (suggested).
Students will have only 5 minutes to eat their snack and must keep their shield on during snack time so plan accordingly.
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
Breakfast will be available at the main entrance on 108th Street until the start of the school day. Students can pick up one before lining up. It must be finished before entrance. Students can also save an item from the breakfast to eat as a snack.
Lunch will be available at the main entrance (108th Street) and at the flagpole at dismissal.
Beginning in October, students and staff entering school buildings will be randomly tested for COVID-19. Students will need to submit a Student COVID-19 Testing Consent Form prior to being tested. (Please note, this form is a fillable PDF so if you open it using acrobat, you should be able to enter your info and then save the document to send to school.) For more information about the random testing, please visit the DOE's COVID-19 Testing for Students and Staff page.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2 AT 8 AM ZOOM COFFEE
Please join me this Friday, October 2 at 8:00 am for the monthly PTA Coffee.
October Coffee Chat
Time: Oct 2, 2020 08:00 AM
Meeting ID: 960 7783 2426. Passcode: 943970
We are looking forward to seeing your children!