Thanks 2016! What a huge year its been...
Where has this year gone!?? I hope you have all had a lovely christmas, and enjoying a break with family and friends…I also hope that you’ve managed to get your playgroup enrolment in - you still have time to use our earlybird discount!
As another new years eve is upon us (like, literally!), I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the massive year that we have had, and all that we at Highgate Playgroup have achieved…. Here are some highlights...
- we implemented our new online membership software management tool - automating our membership database, easier member transactions and even selling raffle tickets online!!
- we submitted a detailed costing proposal and funding application to the CIty of Vincent for interior renovations, and were awarded $12,000!
- we were the 1st playgroup in WA (I believe!) to submit and have approved our new Constitution to comply with changes to the Incorporations Act.
- we designed, planned and executed a major interior overhaul, with new flooring, lighting, painting and cabinetry... with an amazing wall mural!!
- we had unprecedented support and generosity from local businesses donating prizes for our Christmas Raffle…
- we doubled our membership numbers and filled nearly all our session times!
- we held THE most spectacular christmas party, complete with fundraising, door prizes, our amazing Christmas Raffle…. and our local Mayor even came to be our Santa!
This year’s Committee has dedicated many hours to make HPG the best it possibly can be. We have continued to build and improve our systems and processes to make HPG a safer, more efficient, fun and thriving place for our members! Everything we do, we do out of love and a call to serve and make a difference - and for that I thank each of you who have contributed to the most active and transformational year HPG has seen in its history (yep, I’m calling it!! :-))..
So, what does 2017 have in store for us?? Well, our renovation is not yet complete!! We still have to complete fitting out our art corner, dress up area and active zone. There’s some more soft furnishings, and then we’re onto the next pipeline of ideas!! We will continue to build our relationship with local community including City of Vincent, PGWA, local businesses and community groups, and we will continue to provide an invaluable service to our members and families in our local area.
We recently voted on the 2017 Committee, and I’m pleased to announce these wonderful people who have taken up the call to be on the team next year,
Chair - Fiona Russell
Deputy Chair - Leah Epton
Secretary - Sarah Bolitho
Treasurer - Carolyn Thain
Enrolment Officer - Elizabeth White
Purchasing Officer - Hayley Stinson
To our departing committee members, Brett, Jo, Tara and Anita, thank you all for your efforts this year. HPG survives, and thrives, on the dedication of our volunteers - its what makes us great!
So members, what a huge year we have had. I am so proud of what we have achieved and the direction that HPG is moving in. And whilst I certainly hope that 2017 will be somewhat quieter, i know that it will be no less exciting and satisfying enjoying our brand new centre and seeing our kiddies and families enjoy our new space… I wish you all a new year filled with love and fulfilment, and enjoying an abundance of magical times together at Highgate Playgroup!!
Happy New Year!!
Much love, Fiona Russell