Save the Date!
“Activating communities and businesses for a more resilient future”
March 22–23, 2016 • Richmond, Virginia
We are pleased to announce that the 2016 Resilient Virginia Conference will take place March 22–23, 2016 in Richmond, Virginia. This inaugural conference has the goal of activating community and business stakeholders around the Commonwealth:
- to learn about resiliency planning in order to address current and future environmental, social, and economic challenges, and
- to become leaders in their communities to formulate plans for a resilient future.
REGISTER NOW to attend the first statewide resiliency conference!
Our agenda includes speakers on:
- national security and resiliency,
- adaptation strategies for the built environment,
- infrastructure risks and solutions,
- challenges for the agricultural sector,
- developments in emergency preparedness,
- tools for resiliency planning,
- outstanding examples of community resiliency, and
- the business case for resiliency planning.
The Conference will also provide a forum for highlighting progress in implementing the Virginia Climate Change and Resiliency Update Commission’s recommendations and the Clean Power Plan, and a review of this year’s related General Assembly actions.
State Partners include Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy, Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, the Department of Housing and Community Development, the Virginia Municipal League and Virginia Association of Counties, and state universities.
National Partners include the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Department of Agriculture Southeast Climate Research Hub, CDP, and the National League of Cities Sustainable Cities Institute.
This is your opportunity to support the Commonwealth’s initiatives to create a more resilient future by participating as a sponsor, exhibitor, or attendee.
Find out about sponsor and exhibitor opportunities here.
We appreciate the support of
2rw Consultants Inc.
Hazen and Sawyer
Contact Annette Osso, Managing Director, Resilient Virginia, for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-629-1650).
REGISTER NOW FIND OUT MORE