CMA CGM has agreed to acquire Neptune Orient Lines (NOL), the parent company of American President Lines (APL) for $2.4 billion. APL will remain its own operating brand. CMA CGM will still remain the 3rd largest ocean carrier.
Last Friday marked a significant day in history for the USA highway system. Lawmakers approved $305 billion in highway funding with focuses to improve our nation's connections between major highways with intermodal rail terminals and ports. To read a quick summary on the act, click below.
12 days of Christmas for the Supply Chain
Insightful blog post. On the first day of Christmas, my supply chain asked of me....
1. Gauge transportation cargo capacity and availability
2. Monitor order projections or promotion activities that could shift customer or channel demands
3. Check supplier inventory levels, including raw materials and packaging items
4. Locate missing inventory in warehouse problem piles
5. Review stock availability to offset projected defects or high return-rate products
6. Watch customer expense to revenue ratios to avoid financial pitfalls [Read the last 6...]