Hello <<First Name>>
As we move into the season of Spring we are reminded of how change is inescapable. How we embrace change is important. What changes are you going through in this season of your life? Use this season to slow down and for just a moment enjoy the sight of spring flowers and smell the fresh fragrance of new buds in bloom. Feel the damp soft grass beneath your feet and listen to the sweed melody of birds on a spring morning. Slow down, if even for just a moment.
Spring also brings other changes as we move into warmer weather (hopefully soon) which include common springtime illnesses. Colds and seasonal allergies, irritation of the nasal passages and airways dont go unnoticed. As temperatures will increase, people begin to venture outside far more which leads to potentially more exposure to other viruses. Spring is also a season renowned for gastroenteritis, stomach cramps, nausea and diarrhea. We want to make sure you have everything you need to protect yourself through this change of season.
We are giving you 10% off spring supplementation support for a variety of our products. You can view them all here.
Just a reminder that until midnight 31 August you get R250 off all orders over R1000. Use the code august250
at checkout to take advantage of this order.
If you would like to print out this newsletter, you can download a PDF version here.
Psychological Counsellor (Private Practice PRC 0021628)
Professional Certificate of Medical Nutrition
Founder: Roxy Davis Foundation
Member: The Institute for Functional Medicine
Member: Psychological Society of South Africa
Chef – Silwood Kitchen School of Cookery
Certificate in Sports Psychology
9-times SA Surfing Champion
Level 2 International Surf & SUP Coach
International Surfing Association Course Presenter
How does it taste?
Many have asked for an alternative to our chicken and bovine collagens. We're excited to announce that we have managed to source a premium Marine Collagen that is wild caught, GMO-free with no nasties. It is low calcium, low sodium, hormone, antibiotic and preservative free. This great type 1 collagen is also relatively neutral in taste and smell!
Our Hydrolysed Marine Collagen consists of type 1 collagen which is ideal for building and maintaining skin, bones, tendons, ligaments, hair and nails.
Frequently asked questions:
We have managed to source a premium Marine Collagen that is relatively neutral in taste and smell!
What about the Calcium content?
Our Hydrolysed Marine Collagen is low in calcium, with only 7mg per 100g.
What about the mercury content?
Our marine collagen has been through both the Gelatine Manufacturers of Europe (GME) and the Gelatin Manufacturers Institute of America (GMIA) testing, and the results fall below the required specification of a mercury content less than 0.10ppm (parts per million).
What is the sodium content?
We have sourced a low sodium marine collagen with 310mg total sodium per 100g. This sodium content is due to the natural nature of hydrolysed collagen, and is not from any additional sodium being added to the product.
What is your collagen derived from?
There is a lot of research about marine collagen being extracted from jellyfish, sharks, sea cucumber and other marine animals, which can make one skeptical about the origins of their collagen. We are proud to say that our marine collagen is sourced from 100% wild caught, marine whitefish, and it is Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified at source. This means that our marine collagen is sourced from fisheries that meet the MSC standard in terms of management, best practice and sustainability.
What about hormones and antibiotics?
Our Marine Collagen is wild caught, GMO-free with no nasties. It is also hormone, antibiotic and preservative free, and research suggests that this form of collagen is a great option due to its low ability to harbor transmissible disease.
Our marine collagen is a great source of type 1 collagen. Type 1 collagen is ideal for building and maintaining the skin, bones, tendons, ligaments, hair and nails.
What about marine collagen’s absorption?
Our marine collagen has gone through an extraction process known as hydrolysation. What this means is that the collagen is extracted and denatured to form a gelatin. Thereafter, it undergoes what is called ‘enzymatic hydrolysis’, which produces a pure form of collagen hydrolysates. These hydrolysates comprise of peptides. Collagen peptides are the most easily absorbed and readily utilised forms of collagen to the human body.
Missing in the modern diet
Hydrolysed Collagen and Gelatine are similar but not the same thing. In the hydrolyzed form collagen has been produced from gelatine. The proteins have been broken up into smaller ‘pieces’ making collagen way easier to absorb.
They both have the same amino acids but different ‘chemical’ properties and applications. Collagen is also more palatable in just about anything but gelatine will also give you results if you can take it regularly.
Hydrolysed Collagen vs Gelatine
They are similar but not the same. They look and taste different. Plus they have different applications in preparation, cooking, how to take them and gelatine is cheaper. People seldom eat skin and tendons raw. They cook them if they eat them at all.
By cooking collagen it becomes gelatine. So gelatine then is the cooked form of collagen. It’s a way of getting all the beneficial amino acids in the collagen without having to sit down to a delicious plate of raw tendons for dinner.
By further breaking down amino acids into a very bio-available and easy-to-digest form you end up with Hydrolyzed Collagen or Collagen Hydrolysate. This is what our brand of Pure Hydrolysed Collagen is. It is eminently more palatable than gelatine and tasteless. First prize of course is to use them both daily in cooking, yogurt, smoothies or coffee.
Important for hair, skin and bones from wrinkles to osteoporosis. There is a lot these very impressive foods can achieve in a short while and both have gut healing properties which are extremely important from a health perspective.
There is much evidence now to show that Collagen & Gelatine are important:
- Supplemental hydrolyzed collagen mayhelp improve skin elasticity, reduce roughness and skin ageing (wrinkles)
- Hydrolyzed collagen may improves arthritis pain and greatly benefits joint and bone health
- Collagen improve the chance of rebuilding cartilage in the joints and reducing or totally eliminating pain
- Collagen may normalise gut hormones in obese people, helping weight loss quite noticeably
- Collagen & gelatine have been known to help heal Leaky Gut Syndrome or Intestinal Permeability as it’s also known, restoring a normal mucosal layer in the gut
By far the nicest way to get your collagen is to put Sally-Ann Creed® grass-fed Pure Hydrolysed Collagen into your coffee or food.
The delicious creaminess it gives to coffee in the morning is fabulous. We also strongly recommend putting gelatine into hot food and sauces and making sugar-free jellies and gummies out of it. This way you get the best of both worlds.
You will find Sally-Ann Creed® gelatine and pure hydrolyzed collagen online online at sallyanncreed.co.za/shop or at your local stockist.
Many have asked us to share HOW to take a variety of Sally-Ann Creed® products, here is a helpful guide to Magnesium Citrate!
Magnesium is one of the MOST important of all minerals you will ever need in your body – it’s responsible for over 600 biological functions! I think that’s really something worth finding out about, don’t you? And did you know your GALLSTONE risk drops by about 70% if you regularly take magnesium?
Here are just a FEW of the fantastic functions of Magnesium Citrate and how they may help you– in our opinion the very BEST form of magnesium you can take:
DOSAGE AND DIRECTIONS: Take a teaspoon in ½ - 1 glass water at any time of the day with or without meals. For great sleep, take in the evening! You’ll find our magnificent Magnesium Citrate here: https://sallyanncreed.co.za/product/magnesium-citrate/
- Relief for asthmatics – relaxes bronchial muscles
- Bone health - directly related to bone density/osteoporosis
- Pregnancy increases pain tolerance = smooth delivery process
- Lowers hypertension – magnesium is an excellent remedy
- Treatment for back pain – bones or muscular tension
- Heart Attack - deficiency results in higher probability of heart disease
- Cramps and fatigue – an obvious one – relaxes, calms but energises
- Constipation - quick relief from constipation in higher dose
- Diabetes – improves insulin sensitivity (all diabetics are deficient)
- Aids psychiatric disorders – excellent for panic attacks/anxiety
- Migraine - considerably reduces/eliminates headaches/migraines
- Production of collagen – helps produce proteins for collagen formation
- Absorption of minerals – helps you absorb all your other minerals
- Activates enzymes – to boost energy production
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Controls bladder – over-active bladder/frequent urination helped
- Prevents developing osteoporosis
- Prevents eclamptic seizures - in expectant mothers with hypertension
- Manages C-Reactive Protein levels (CRP) – lowers inflammation
Healthy and delicious recipe
Here is a delicious Hake Fish Cakes recipe for you to try out this weekend 🥣
What you need:
- 550g Hake , skin removed and dice
- ½ small onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- ½ of a lemon zest
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ - 2 cups almond flour
- Black pepper & Salt to taste
- Oil of your choice - enough for frying
What you do with this:
- Add Hake, onion and parsley into a food processor
- Pulse a few times until combined
- Transfer to a mixing bowl
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Add the egg
- Add 1 cup of almond flour
- Mix until all ingredients are combined
- In a mixing bowl, add remaining almond flour (or add as you go)
- Use a ¼ measuring cup and scoop out the mixture
- Put the scoop of mixture into the almond flour and form a ball/patty
- Coat the ball/patty in almond flour then set aside
- Repeat until you have made 8 fish cakes (If you would like to make them smaller, use a smaller scoop/spoon)
- Heat your oil of choice in a large pan
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side
- Serve while still hot
If you'd like to download our Facebook Favourites Recipe Book, click the button below.
Price Reductions on select products
More and more people everyday are enjoying the heath benefits of our Sally-Ann Creed® products.
The result of this continued increase in demand means that we have been able to secure more of the same at a reduced price. Because of your loyal support, we are passing this saving directly on to you. The best part is that this is not a once-off special, it's a permanent price-change!
Hypertension (also referred to as high blood pressure) is on the rise – not only in the elderly, but in young people too. When you talk about blood pressure, you are talking about the pressure of blood pushing against the walls of your arteries. Arteries carry blood from your heart to other parts of your body, and blood pressure normally rises and falls throughout the day.
Symptoms of Hypertension
Hypertension usually has no warning signs or symptoms, and is often called the ‘silent killer’ because many people don’t even know they have it. Measuring your blood pressure regularly is the best way to track your blood pressure, as hypertension usually develops over time.
Some individuals may experience the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
Did you know other complications of uncontrolled hypertension include:
- Vision loss
- Heart failure
- Heart attack
- Kidney disease or failure
- Sexual dysfunction
- Bone loss
- Neurological problems
For more Information on hypertension, simply download our HELPFUL GUIDE TO HYPERTENSION here: https://sallyanncreed.co.za/health-resources/fact-sheets/
You probably know how fabulous lemons are for your health, but did you know adding some Himalayan Salt to it is even better? Hate morning breath? Lemon juice with water and salt will kill bad bacteria which build up while you are sleeping.
Here are some more benefits to that morning drink of fresh lemon, spring water and Himalayan salt:
- Excellent for fighting inflammation and dissolve uric acid deposits in your joints
- Reduces cellulite - Himalayan salt has been used for centuries for skin care. A few daily sips of lemon and salt water in the morning may firm up a few of those unsightly areas
- Acts as a natural antihistamine during allergy season and doesn’t leave you drowsy
- Lemons are an antioxidant powerhouse packed with vitamins and minerals, while Himalayan salt boosts your mineral and trace mineral levels even more. What’s more, Himalayan salt supports electrochemical reactions in the body, while negative ions assist in healthy heart rhythm.
- Promotes digestive health - a glass of warm lemon water with Himalayan salt before breakfast, or any meal, helps signal your liver to produce the essential bile needed to clean out harmful gut bacteria and promote digestion.
HERE’S HOW YOU DO IT:
300ml water with one whole lemon squeezed into the glass, and add half a teaspoon of Himalayan salt
You’ll find Sally-Ann Creed® Himalayan salt online here:
Fine Salt: https://sallyanncreed.co.za/…/chunky-himalayan-pink-salt-w…/
Chunky Salt : https://sallyanncreed.co.za/pro…/chunky-himalayan-pink-salt/
Bye with love from us!
Till next month, God bless and lots of love from all of us at Sally-Ann Creed® and the Creed Living Team!