A Big Exhibition of Small Artwork
2nd Annual National Juried 'Small Works' Exhibition Draws 148 Artists From Across the Country
Clifton Springs, NY – The press and public are invited to attend the opening reception for the second annual national juried Small Works
exhibition at Main Street Arts on Saturday, November 7, 2015 from 4 to 7p.m.
Recipients of $1,000 in cash awards will be revealed at the opening reception.
This year's Small Works exhibition will feature 260 pieces of art by 148 artists from 29 U.S. states! 87 of the total artists in the show are from New York State and many are local to the region. Visitors can expect to see a variety of styles and media represented, with something for everyone. This exhibition features painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, photography, printmaking and more chosen by the juror, Rebecca Rafferty. The unifying thread that connects the show is the size of the art, each piece is less than 12 inches in any direction.
About Our Juror: Rebecca Rafferty is an artist and writer living in Rochester, New York, and the Arts & Entertainment Staff Writer for Rochester City Newspaper. She keeps a blog at theiconoclassed.com.
The gallery is open to the public and as always, entry is free. The opening reception will feature the usual 'reception fare' but in celebration of this exciting annual show, the gallery will also have a hot cocoa bar with gourmet toppings!
PRINT-READY PRESS IMAGES (Click to get full-sized image)
Image Details (Artist, "Title", Medium - Location) From Top Left to Bottom Right:
1. Sue Arends, "Lion Birthday Candles", acrylic painting - Skokie, IL
2. Erica Bapst, "Without You, I Would Not Be", mixed media - Canandaigua, NY
3. Peter Bucklin, "Shore # 1", acrylic painting - Portland, ME
4. Juan Carlos Caballero-Perez, "Urn", metals - Henrietta, NY
5. Jim Conners - "Window on The Desert", digital photograph - Clifton Springs, NY
6. Meng Du - "Ephemeral", glass and clay - Rochester, NY
7. Cynthia Gregory - "The Wise Stars Bedding Over Me", paper - Fort Thomas, KY
8. Chad Grohman - "The Sword and the Tiger", Marker and Acrylic - Buffalo, NY
9. Jake Martin - "Brooch", Sterling, Fine Silver, Moldavite, Sapphire - Rochester, NY
10. E.L. Ryan - "Potomac Road", Watercolor and Gouache on Paper - Ithaca, NY
11. Hudson Sharrock - "Piano Keys", charcoal drawing - Columbus, OH
12. Trina Smith - "Gary 9", Acrylic and Oil on Panel - Oshkosh, WI
13. Luc Thomas - "Cruet and Cookie Jar", Ceramic - Alfred, NY
14. Rikki VanCamp - "The Benevolent Ruler", mixed media - Palmyra, NY
A four person black and white photography exhibition can be found upstairs at Main Street Arts during the Small Works show. More info on current and upcoming exhibitions, workshops, and events can be found on the gallery's website.
Small Works 2015 runs November 7–December 29, 2015; gallery hours are Tuesday–Thursday, 11a.m.–6p.m. and Friday–Saturday, 11a.m.–7p.m. For additional information about this exhibition, please contact Bradley Butler, gallery director at (315)462-0210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mainstreetartsgallery.com. Interviews and video footage can be arranged upon request.