- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup canned jalapeno pepper slices, juice reserved
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- crushed red pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, mix the garbanzo beans, jalapeno peppers and reserved juice, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. Season with cumin, curry powder, and crushed red pepper. Blend until smooth.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice off the top each head of garlic to expose some of the cloves inside. Place the heads on a piece of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in the foil. Roast until cloves are lightly browned and tender, about 30 minutes.