Inviting Community in Christ
Weekly Announcements for March 22-28
Prepare for Worship on Sunday
Baptism is sometimes called enlightenment. The gospel for this Sunday is the story of the man born blind healed by Christ. “I was blind, now I see,” declares the man. In baptism God opens our eyes to see the truth of who we are: God’s beloved children. As David was anointed king of Israel, in baptism God anoints our head with oil, and calls us to bear witness to the light of Christ in our daily lives.
Readings: Isaiah 42:14-21 | Ephesians 5:18-24 | John 9:1-41
Update on Worship Services
As long as the guidance from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) of avoiding gatherings of 10 or more is in place, we will be suspending in-person attendance of worship. However, we will continue to stream our worship services live on our webpage, on Facebook and on YouTube. We would love to have you join us on any of those platforms Sunday Mornings at 9:30am and Wednesday Evenings at 7:00pm.
Scripture & Study
Update on Classes and Studies
Pastor and Brian are in the process of finding alternative ways to continue all of our various studies. Please watch this space and look for more communications about how we will study God's Word together.
We know not having church on a weekend is hard. But when we started to think about how we would still have church while our building is closed, we started to think about how we could be the Church in this difficult time. Please consider:
- Serving. We are in conversation with our community partners in order to help with distribution of food, donating resources, or serving in other ways. During this time, local food pantries and relief organizations are being heavily used. If you are interested in serving or donating items to the food pantry, it will go a long way to serve our community. If you are interested in helping, please fill out this form to let us know.
- Praying. We are working to provide you with devotions, prayers and scripture to use at home. If you have gotten out of the habit of daily prayer or family devotions, there is no better time to start! We would like to add our encouragement to pray for the health of the whole world, for those who are suffering and dying, for governments and health authorities and medical researchers, doctors and nurses at this time. Here is a great litany that we hope helps you during this time.
- Caring. This is a great time to check in with neighbors to see how you can help each other. If you are interested in helping care for fellow members of Grace, please fill out this form to let us know.
- Giving. Also, we know that many of you may want to continue your giving even if we are not able to meet in-person. Click here to access online giving.
Ways to Connect
Since all of our social groups have been suspended for the time being, we are looking into some other ways that we can communicate and interact with each other in various other settings. We want to continue to encourage you to check in with, support, and encourage one another!
Would you like to receive important information via text message? Now you can! You may sign-up in 1 of 2 ways:
1) Text GRACELAF to 84576 OR
2) Sign-up here.
If you have a prayer request, we invite you to share it with us via our Prayer Request form that is on our website.
Prayers for Health and Healing
Theresa Landis - recovering from surgery; Myrna Steiner - recovering; Sharon Merkel - recovering from fall and hip surgery; Carl Wollenburg - recovering; Peter Cook - recovering from stroke; Larry Royer - recovering; Matthew von Werder - recovering; Tom Schmidt - health issues; Sandy Freed; Rhonda Spangler
Prayers for those Battling Cancer
Ken McMindes; Norm Miller
Prayers for Comfort & Strength
Emily DeYoung - pregnancy
Prayers for Thanksgiving (Birthdays)
Janet Reynolds (3/23); Tom Mitchell (3/25); Paul Mellady (3/28)
Prayers for Thanksgiving (Anniversaries)
None this week
Prayers for Health and Healing - Family and Friends
Kathie Schmitt - recovering from surgery; Miles Logan (great-grandson of Ronald & Sue Logan) health issues; Ellen Duff (grandmother of Jenna Farrington) - recovery; Norman Hillman (son-in-law of Kathy Sutton) - rare eye condition; Jami Hines (mother of Cole Williams) - recovering from surgery; Carl Holtman (father of Alan Holtman) - recovering from surgery; Rev. David French (St. James Pastor) - recovering from stroke; Alex Holtman - recovering from surgery; Jack King (cousin of Ronnie Lee) - recovering; Eleanor Pershing (friend of Linda Bowlin) - health issues; Linda Cleveland (friend of Linda Bowlin) - health issues; Frank Dobyns (brother of Dawn Gross) - stroke; Jim Moyer & Connie Garrett (friends of Linda Bowlin) - health; Dustin Mayfield (brother of Rhonda Spangler) - health issues; Mitchell Yoder (friend of Theresa Ledbetter)
Prayers for those Battling Cancer - Family and Friends
Jillian Scott (friend of Emily DeYoung); Mary Lawler (mother of Dalene Royer); Max Rodibaugh (friend of Phil Keck); Ray (friend of Steve Ulrich); John Widau (son-in-law of Jack and Sharon Merkel); Donna Rades (daughter-in-law of Bob & Barb Rades); Rev. Joel Brandt (friend of Marc Cohen); Josh Khonke (uncle of Shawn Farrington); Amon Hogue (father of Jerry Hogue); Stephen Shook (friend of Aimee Ness); Cheryl Cornell (sister of Rex Cornell); Dianne Wallace (mother-in-law of Duncan Smith); Linda (sister of Joyce Richter and Glen Luedtke); Rick Law (family friend of Jack & Sharon Merkel); Beth (friend of Debbie Luedtke); Bob (brother of Kare Winters); Austin Hewitt (a senior at Eastern High School and friend of Linda Bowlin); Kurt Lahrman (friend of Aimee Ness); Rich Whited (friend of Steve Tucker); Jay Rice (friend of Mellady family); Nita Taylor (friend of Janet Reynolds)
Prayers for Comfort & Strength for Family and Friends
Helen Sunkel - father died; Ron Schmitt (son of Bill Schmitt) - hospice; Tim Sullivan (brother-in-law of Breann Knapp) - deployment; Amy Abraham (former member) - pregnancy; Mark Brinson (son-in-law of Maughmers) - deployment; Wanda Krohe (mother of Michele Ulrich); Wes Knapp (grandfather of Breann Knapp); Logan Hathaway (son-in-law of Todd & Trudy Guthrie) - deploying to the Middle East