ATTENTION FACULTY AND STUDENTS - Now accepting submissions for the 2017 IABC/Toronto Bobbie Resnick Student of the Year Award (SOTY)
Do you know a student who possesses creativity, strong writing skills and passion in both your academic and volunteer projects? If so, we invite them to enter IABC/Toronto’s Bobbie Resnick Student of the Year Award. IT'S FREE TO ENTER! Each year, IABC/Toronto recognizes a student member that exhibits leadership and excellence in communications.
The IABC/Toronto Bobbie Resnick Student of the Year will be honoured at the prestigious OVATION Awards Gala on May 31, 2017 at the Arcadian Court in Toronto, where he/she will rub shoulders with many of the top PR and Communication professionals in the GTA.
The winner will receive:
- A complimentary ticket to the OVATION Awards being held May 31, 2017.
- A unique professional development package provided by CCC Academy.
- A 2017 IABC/Toronto Bobbie Resnick Student of the Year plaque.
- Mentions via IABC/Toronto’s website, news releases and social media.
- Work featured in the OVATION Award Winning Entries Booklet.
To enter, each student must submit the following:
- Complete an ONLINE entry form once #2 and #3 below are ready to submit.
- A news release of no more than two pages on how you plan to make an impact on the practice of public relations/communications in the future. The news release should highlight how you will use what you’ve learned in your communications career. Your news release should:
- Be submitted on 8.5″ x 11″ letterhead that you’ve created for the project,
- Use no smaller than 10-point font,
- Have 1/2″ margins.
- An up-to-date resumé outlining your paid and volunteer experience, including any IABC/Toronto volunteer experience.
All entries will be judged by a panel consisting of at least two members of the IABC/Toronto Board and/or Management Team. Entries will be judged on creativity, clarity, conciseness, total impact and, most importantly, on how well they meet the stated objectives.
IABC members can view past IABC/Toronto Student of the Year winning entries by downloading the OVATION Winning Entries Booklet.
Previous winners of the IABC/Toronto Student of the Year Award:
- 2016: Arlette Bax – Centennial College
- 2015: Jessica Chong – Centennial College
- 2014: Megan Henry – Centennial College
- 2013: Emily Getz – Seneca College
- 2012: Bethany Curtis (Cawker) – Conestoga College
- 2011: Regis Dudley – Humber College
- 2010: Matthew J. Dudman – Sheridan College
- 2009: Jess Bennett – Seneca College
- 2008: Maricel Dicion – Centennial College
- 2007: Scott MacDonald – Humber College
- 2006: Annette Robertson (Yuen) – Humber College
- 2005: Kathryn McMullan – Humber College
For more information on how to apply visit the IABC/Toronto website.
The Student of the Year Award is open only to IABC/Toronto Student Members.
Not an IABC member yet? Become an IABC student member today. Please submit your IABC student application BEFORE entering.