Only one week left. Enjoy IABC/Toronto’s Membership Month savings
Are you still on the fence about joining or renewing your membership with IABC/Toronto? You have one more week to take advantage of January’s membership month special where the $40 application fee is waived.
PLUS! For any new and reinstating members, you will also receive a 20 per cent discount to any future IABC/Toronto event (excluding Communicator of the Year [COTY] and the OVATION Awards Gala). This includes 20 per cent off our February 15 and 28 professional development events!
Membership prices are:
- New and Renewal Full (professional) Membership: $339 CDN ($379 after January 31)
- Corporate Membership Package: Dependent on number of potential new members. To attain a price quote, contact the IABC Headquarters at email@example.com
- New/Renewal Student Membership: $49 CDN
- Transitional Membership (recent graduate): $212 CDN
Attention Students and Young Professionals. IABC/Toronto Agency Fair
Wednesday, February 15, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Spoke Club, 600 King Street West, Toronto
Calling all students and young professionals. Want to learn more about how a PR agency operates? Be sure to stop by the IABC/Toronto Agency Fair and meet representatives from some of the leading agencies in the GTA. Now is your time to network and ask any burning questions, such as hiring processes, internship programs, client work, etc.
Agencies participating in the IABC/Toronto Agency Fair include:
- Duet PR
- Felicity PR
- Kaiser Lachance
- Strategic Objectives
- The Knot Group
- Weber Shandwick
- + more!
- $35: IABC/Toronto Members* ($39.55 with HST)
- $50: Non-members ($56.50 with HST)
* This event is open to all IABC members and non-members. Individuals who join or lapsed members who reinstate their membership during the month of January 2017 are eligible for 20 per cent off the registration price. The discount code will be emailed (if not already) to all eligible members.
Speakers Confirmed! Internal Communications in the Digital Age
Tuesday, February 28, 6 to 8 p.m., FCP Gallery*, 1 First Canadian Place, Toronto
Internal communication has entered a new era. A growing millennial workforce and evolving technologies offer new opportunities and challenges to engage and align employees.
IABC and co-sponsors The Toronto Region Board of Trade and PostBeyond, invite you to a panel discussion featuring RBC’s Jason Jacobs, Director, Strategic & Online Communications, and City of Toronto’s Jackie DeSouza, Director, Strategic Communications, who will share perspectives on communicating internally, breaking down silos and increasing engagement in the digital age.
The panel will also discuss:
Register now and help your organization ride the digital transformation wave.
- Shifting communication and embracing the digital workplace
- Trends in internal communications and engagement strategies
- The rise of mobile in the workplace
- Communicating with the millennial workforce
*Please note: the FCP Gallery is located at the end of the hall that lies between LASIK MD and the Toronto Region Board of Trade.
- $45: IABC member early bird rate if you register on or before February 14 ($50.85 with HST).
- $55: IABC member rate on or after February 15 ($62.15 with HST).
- $45: IABC student members and transitional members rate ($50.85 with HST).
- $65: Non-member early bird rate if you register on or before February 14 ($73.45 with HST).
- $75: Non-member rate if you register on or after February 15 ($84.75 with HST).
2017 OVATION Awards early-bird deadline is February 2
For more than 30 years, IABC/Toronto’s prestigious OVATION Awards program has celebrated communication excellence annually in the Greater Toronto Area. Now, it’s your turn to be recognized.
Online submissions are open for the 2017 IABC/Toronto OVATION Awards program. The program is open to members and non-members, and all types of communicators, agencies, communication departments and independents. With 17 categories to choose from, there is one that matches the exceptional work you’re doing.
Submit your entry today.
- Early-bird deadline is February 2, 2017
- On-time entry deadline is February 16, 2017
- Last-minute entry deadline is March 2, 2017
- 2017 OVATION Awards Gala will be on May 31, 2017 at the Arcadian Court
For any questions or sponsorship details, please contact the IABC/Toronto office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exclusive Member Benefit. Apply for your next opportunity on CareerLine.
IABC/Toronto’s CareerLine has new and exciting job opportunities to help members start their new year right. Here’s a sampling of what is currently listed on our online job board:
What are you waiting for? Find out more by going to Careers.
- Senior Communications Specialist
- Media Relations & Communications Manager
- Communications Manager
- Manager, Employee Engagement
- Communications & Social Media Specialist
- Communications Officer
- Director, Marketing & Creative Services
- Marketing Director, Consumer Marketing & Communications
Have a position to promote?
For $230 + HST per job position, you can easily submit postings online or submit by email to email@example.com. Be sure to include the following information:
- Internship / junior / intermediate / senior / freelance position
- Job description
- How to apply
- Closing date
- Company logo (not required) and website
- Details on to whom the invoice for posting should be emailed.
Member Discount. Build your digital skills with BrainStation
Gain value from your IABC/Toronto membership with special discounts on workshops and courses with BrainStation.
BrainStation offers in-person courses, workshops and corporate training in business, design, marketing, and development, to help individuals and organizations achieve digital success. As an IABC/Toronto member, enjoy 30 per cent off all Winter 2017 part-time courses, as well as all full-day and weekend bootcamps in January and February. Weekend bootcamps, speaker series and evening workshops run weekly across Toronto.
To learn more about how to avail this special member-only benefit, please visit Member Discounts.
Not a member of IABC/Toronto? Join or renew your membership during the month of January and we’ll waive the $40 membership application fee.
Come celebrate winter with Professional Independent Communicators
Thursday, February 2, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Duke of York pub, 39 Prince Arthur Ave. (near St. George subway), Toronto
Come in from the cold and join members and friends of IABC/Toronto’s Professional Independent Communicators (PIC) for the warmest of winter socials.
PIC socials are held in a cozy and casual setting. Have a drink and grab a bite to eat while you make new friends and get to know others better. Get advice from your fellow indies or compare notes about how small communications businesses can succeed and thrive. The drinks and food will be on your own tab, but there’s no charge for the friendliest atmosphere in town.
Please register by February 1 so we can provide an estimate of numbers to the venue.
Congratulations to our 2016
Silver Leaf Award winners
Congratulations to IABC/Toronto members who are the recipients of the 2016 Silver Leaf Awards, the premiere professional awards program celebrating excellence in business communication from the Canada West and Canada East Regions of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC).
Our chapter had 24 communicators honoured with the coveted Silver Leaf Awards, IABC Canada's national recognition program. View the complete winner list here.
The Silver Leaf Award program is sponsored by: