Join IABC/Toronto’s board of directors and build your leadership skills
Are you interesting in:
IABC/Toronto is now recruiting for the 2017-2018 board of directors and we want to hear from you!
- Collaborating with fellow communicators on interesting projects?
- Building a set of transferable skills to take your career forward?
- Giving back to the profession?
- Enhancing your leadership skills?
We have a variety of roles and development opportunities, from events to awards to strategic partnerships. This is your opportunity to volunteer with your chapter, meet new people and acquire skills that will help you in your day job. It’s really all about you!
Nominations are open to all current, voting members. Download the nomination package for more information and to apply.
Online webinar, Tuesday, May 2, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Free member webinar TODAY! Crisis plans that reposition a brand for success
IABC/Toronto members, join us for a free lunchtime webinar on crisis communication, “Crisis plans that reposition a brand for success.” Using real life case studies, this presentation will provide attendees with the tools they need to proactively prepare for, survive, and rebuild their brand following a crisis.
By attending this webinar, you will learn how to:
This webinar is presented by Darius Fisher, CEO & Co-Founder of Status Labs, the premier digital reputation management, digital marketing, and crisis public relations firm.
- Be proactive! Build out positive properties early on.
- Utilize SEO experts to ensure these properties rank well.
- Plan for a crisis, even if you NEVER think one might hit.
- Rebuild post-crisis with reputation management tactics.
- Integrate efforts for PR + SEO for maximum brand success.
2017 IABC/Toronto People's Choice Survey – Members and non-members cast your vote by May 15!
The People’s Choice OVATION Award invites IABC/Toronto members and non-members to vote for the communications program that for you may have been:
Tell us who you think shines the brightest.
- The most successful, or
- Had the most impact on you, or
- You believe strongly in the campaign, or
- You would have loved to have been part of.
All OVATION categories are entered into the People’s Choice Award category, however only OVATION Awards of Excellence winners* have been included. Review each summary, then vote for only ONE program, which you feel is most deserving of the 2017 People’s Choice OVATION Award.
Votes must be placed by 12 noon on May 15. The winner will be announced at the OVATION Awards Gala, May 30, 2017.
Click here to cast your vote.
Your vote will be kept strictly confidential.
* Each OVATION entry was judged by two senior communications/PR professionals. Excellence winners received a minimum score of 5.75 in order to be deemed a winner. Each Excellence winner had the option of taking part in the People's Choice contest and to submit a maximum 100-word summary of his/her winning submission. Excellence winners who provided permission to be included in the People's Choice contest AND met the 100-word criteria have been included for member review.
Exclusively for members. Enter our 2017 IABC World Conference contest
Want more learning on reputation management, brand communication and leadership? The IABC Canada East Region is offering two (2) members a chance to attend the 2017 IABC World Conference on June 11-14, 2017 in Washington, D.C. This contest giveaway is for a Standard Conference registration package (valued US$1,540) and does not include transportation/airfare, accommodation, pre-conference sessions or the Excellence Awards (Gold Quill) Gala.
To be eligible, the candidate must be an IABC/Toronto member in good standing and complete the following submission requirements.
Craft a brief paragraph to finish the following statement: The three reasons I’d like to be part of World Conference . . .
A panel will review all the submissions and do a random draw from the five most compelling statement submissions. Only the members whose submissions are selected will be contacted; winners will be notified via email on Monday, May 8.
- Your statement should be no longer than 100 words.
- Email your completed statement to IABCCERChair@gmail.com, using subject line “My three reasons.”
- Include your name and the name of the chapter to which you belong.
- All entries must be submitted by end of day Friday, May 5 (no later than 11:59 p.m. EDT).
PIC presents: Defending your digital data: Tips to protect yourself online
Wednesday, May 3, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Mattamy Athletic Centre, Blue and Gold Room (Room 3310), third floor, 50 Carlton St., Toronto
The internet can be a scary place! Do you know how to defend yourself against phishing attacks? Is your anti-virus program is protecting you? How do password managers and two-step verification help protect you?
Come to PIC’s next professional development event, where you’ll learn cyber security tips from digital forensics expert Ryan Duquette of Hexigent Consulting. Ryan will show you how to manage risks and protect what matters most to you professionally – your business and your clients. Learn more in this conversation with Ryan and PIC’s past chair, Donna Papacosta.
IABC/Toronto members, bring your business card for a chance to win an evaluation of your current defenses.
Networking runs from 6:30 to 7 p.m. and the workshop from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Advance registration required.
- FREE: Current IABC/Toronto members
- $20: Non-member rate ($22.60 with HST)
Tuesday, May 30, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Arcadian Court, 401 Bay Street, 8th Floor, Toronto
Reserve your seat for the 2017 OVATION Awards Gala on May 30
IABC/Toronto received a near-record number of entries for the 2017 OVATION Awards and we are getting ready to celebrate!
The OVATION Awards Gala MC, Jennifer Valentyne, Host of The Bachelorette Canada After Show and co-host of Q107, will lead an evening of good music, great food and a toast to recipients of the OVATION Awards. We’ll also unveil the Awards of Distinction winners.
Register today to reserve your spot and rub shoulders with the best of the best at the 2017 OVATION Awards Gala.
Are you a winner?
The 2017 OVATION Award judging results were emailed to main entrant contacts on April 21 (be sure to monitor spam/junk boxes). If you are a main entrant contact and have not received your results by April 30, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group tables (open to members and non-members)
- $110: IABC full/regular members ($124.30 with HST)
- $50: IABC student/transitional members ($56.50 with HST)
- $155: Non-members ($175.15 with HST)
Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information visit our OVATION awards page.
- $976: Table of eight ($1,102.88 with HST)
- $1,220: Table of ten ($1,378.60 with HST)
- $1,464: Table of twelve ($1,654.32 with HST)
Thank you to our sponsors
IABC/Toronto Westenders: All you need to know about becoming a CMP
Thursday, May 18, 6 to 8 p.m., Clarkson Mediterranean Bistro, 1731 Lakeshore Road West, Mississauga
Want to learn more about becoming a Certified Communication Management Professional (CMP)? Join IABC/Toronto Westend members to learn about the CMP certification, enjoy a delicious meal and connect with IABC/Toronto members.
Priya Bates, ABC, MC, CMP and IABC Fellow, will share her knowledge of the new IABC-sponsored global certification for professional communicators. You’ll learn:
The evening includes a three-course meal with a choice of Caesar salad, green salad or soup; walnut-encrusted salmon, chicken and penne, veal or chicken Marsala or a vegetarian option; and tartufo or cheesecake.
- The difference between accreditation and certification,
- Why certification is important,
- How to prepare for the application and certification exam.
Cost is $32.95 per person plus taxes, drinks and gratuity, payable at the restaurant.
RSVP to email@example.com on or before May 10.
Hiring? Recruiting? Hunting? More than 165 Reasons to use CareerLine
In the past 10 months, more than 165 communications/PR job positions have been listed on CareerLine, one of the top-five most valued IABC membership benefits. We’ve also received feedback from recruiters who value the quality and number of candidates they received through the service.
Some of the latest positions received since our last e-Lert:
Have a job position needing qualified candidates? For only $230 plus HST, you can post your job listing and have access to more than 1,200 communication professionals in the GTA. For more information go to our CareerLine page.
- Senior Marketing and Communication Specialist
- Communications & Administrative Officer
- Senior Advisor, Corporate Communications
- Proposal Writer
- School Communications Assistant
- Senior Proposal Writer, Business Development Communications
- Corporate Communications Specialist
- Communications Specialist
- Corporate Communications Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Communications Coordinator
- Senior Director, Communications
- Vice President, Public Affairs & Communications
- Stakeholder Relations Coordinator
- Marketing Coordinator
Not a member of IABC/Toronto? Find out more by going to our membership page.
New cost savings. Become an IABC/Toronto member today!
We’re pleased to announce that IABC has waived the $40 application fee for all new memberships. There has never been a better time to become part of a worldwide community of communication professionals and realize cost savings.
Gain access to unparalleled guidance, skills development, networks and job opportunities. Whether you’re a student, recent graduate, working professional or a corporate team member, an IABC membership can help you advance in your career.
This is your community. You may not know them yet, but IABC members are your colleagues, your friends, thought leaders and your go-to professional resources. And they are all across the globe, ready to connect with you wherever you are.
Learn more about membership and join today!