Maintaining regular physical activity is beneficial for both your mental and physical health and wellbeing, and is linked to reducing illness and disease. Exercise is also a great way to meet new people and stay social!
The Australian physical activity guidelines recommend adults participate in 150 to 300 minutes of moderate-intensity activity or 75 to 150 minutes of vigorous physical activity per week. Currently, just 1 in 2 Loddon Campaspe residents are meeting these guidelines according to 2019 Active Living Census data.
Some tips to incorporating more physical activity into your day include:
- Utilise active transport and walk or ride to work instead of driving
- Use the stairs instead of the escalator or lift
- Park a few blocks away from your destination and walk the rest of the way
- Take a walk on your lunch break
- Organise a walking meeting
- Walk over to a colleagues desk instead of messaging them