TMPF Year-End Update
Working to raise awareness and appreciation of our parks.
In the spring of 2012, a small group of people came together to discuss what could be done to better support parks in our community. One year later, Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation earned its 501 (c) (3) determination from the IRS and we hung out our shingle. It has been eight months since we began operations, and in that time our members and volunteers have worked hard to increase awareness and appreciation of parks and have developed several avenues for citizens to become better stewards of these vital public resources. Our success is the direct result of the partnerships and collaborations we have developed with local park departments, nonprofits, businesses and individuals like you, so first and foremost, let me thank you all.
In 2014, we will strengthen and expand our programs, continue to advocate for parks, and do our best to enhance the quality of life here in Truckee Meadows. We hope you will continue to support our efforts by becoming a member or renewing your membership. If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please give me a call at 775-453-0698. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Top: UNR Special Collection; Bottom: Ernie Ross
TMPF Welcomes New Board and Advisory Board Members
A warm and hearty welcome to our new Board members, each to serve a two-year term:
We also thank our advisory board for all of their time and assistance:
Jennifer Budge, Julee Conway, Eric Crump, Linda Dierks, Tracy Domingues, Marie Fong, Ray Lee, Joel Muller, Lynda Nelson, Moira Shea, Wes Witten and Mark Wray
1) TMPF Members and Volunteers: 98 fantastic people
2) Truckee Meadows Trails Challenge: 85 participants
3) Discover Your Parks Summer Evening Walks: 46 participants
4) Free as a Bird Movie Premiere: 44 participants
5) Parks Rephotography Project: 17 site stewards
6) News Coverage: 9 stories
7) Community Outreach and Presentations: 12 events
8) Mailing List Sign-ups: 507 park users
9) Treasure Our Parks Fun Run: April 26, 2014
10) Veterans Recreational Therapy Outings: in planning
11) Junior Naturalists Outing with NNCCF: in planning