The main elements for the next generation Sailfish OS will include:
- Even stronger technical OS core and improved Android application compatibility
- Support for Intel architecture, including the Intel Atom x3 processor
- Best multitasking on the market for both smartphones and tablets
- Improved user experience with an enhanced, even richer user interface
- Strong privacy and personalization features
- Many new UI/UX features, like enhanced notifications and events views, and even simpler swipe access to main functions
- ‘Sailfish 2.0’ is designed to provide premium visibility in the UI for leading digital content providers and to enable OS level integration for mobile commerce
Open industry invitation to the Sailfish OS alliance
With this announcement Jolla is inviting OEMs, ODMs, and leading internet, eCommerce, and content players to join the Sailfish OS alliance. By joining the alliance, partners will get a privileged license to Sailfish OS to build an own unique mobile offering, and to take full advantage of the flexibility and versatile features of Sailfish OS.
Jolla also invites regional internet leaders especially from Russia, India, China and Japan, which are large enough markets and have strong interest to build their independent mobile ecosystems.
Jolla is currently working in close cooperation with leading software companies Tieto Corporation and The Qt Company to provide full-scale system integration and solution capabilities for partners in the development of Sailfish OS based mobile products.
Jolla at Mobile World Congress 2015
Jolla is actively present at Mobile World Congress 2015 presenting the Jolla Tablet, and the next generation ‘Sailfish OS 2.0’.
Meet us at the Jolla booth 1F40, right on the main isle of Hall 1.
- Ends -
Jolla Ltd., Juhani Lassila, Head of Communications, tel. +358 40 541 2365, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see www.jolla.com/press for further Jolla press materials.
About Jolla Ltd.
Jolla Ltd., the mobile company from Finland, develops mobile devices and Sailfish OS, the open mobile operating system. The first Jolla product, the Jolla Smartphone, was first introduced in November 2013 and it is currently available in Europe, Hong Kong, India and Russia. In November 2014 Jolla introduced the Jolla Tablet, set to hit the markets in Q2/2015.
Jolla was born in 2011 out of the passion of its founders towards open innovation in the mobile space, continuing the heritage of Nokia and MeeGo. The Jolla Smartphone and Jolla Tablet are designed and developed in Finland.
Jolla Ltd. has offices in Helsinki (HQ) and Tampere, Finland and Hong Kong.