Why is Freeway Park Seattle's best kept secret?
The Freeway Park Association is undergoing a community engagement and schematic design process to envision and create improvements to connectivity, visibility and public safety at Freeway Park.
With grant funding from the City of Seattle, we have hired SiteWorkshop Landscape Architects to lead this process and develop conceptual design recommendations for future use by the City and the Association. We envision this community design and planning process as the first step to improving access to this hidden gem and to better support the needs of the community within the changing landscape of our City.
Help FPA and SiteWorkshop develop this important project! Save the dates for a series of community design events and check our website for more information.
* Thanks to Seattle's DON Matching Fund, SDOT Neighborhood Street Fund and our partners at Seattle Parks and Rec.
- Saturday June 3, 11am - 2pm - Together with Freeway Park in Bloom
- Saturday July 8, 11am - 2pm - Together with Fountain Fest
- Thursday August 31, 9:30pm - Night Walk together with Movie Night at the Park
- Saturday September 9 - Seattle Design Festival event
- Saturday September 16, 11am - 2pm - Final Presentation in the Park