Here are six starting points for leaders, learners, and idea amplifiers.
If you like the things we share, please forward this newsletter to six people and encourage them to sign up too!
- Patti Smith’s extraordinary tribute to Sam Shepard describes “not just any nowhere, but a sliver of a many-faceted nowhere that, when lifted in a certain light, became a somewhere.”
- Nowhere or somewhere? Knowing or not knowing? Lost or not lost? Thelonious Monk’s Music.
- How the Economic Machine Works (in 30 Minutes). Ray Dalio explains the economy with an assist from some first-rate storytelling illustrations.
- “A problem that comes up over and over in the modern interior is what to do with the radio-record player.” This early Herman Miller furniture catalogue solves such problems and also asserts a vision for a design-centered company that is more 2017 than 1948.
- NASA has shared amazing photos from the August 21st solar eclipse.
- The sixth belief in our book is: keep the off-ramp open, and use it frequently . . . (find your own “beach”).
Reshan & Steve