We are excited to announce that Hathkargha dhoti-dupattas have now arrived in Toronto and are available for purchase at SJM. These are pre-stitched ready-to-wear dhotis, so you would just need to put them on like pyjamas. We have limited stock so please note the details below to get your set asap.
The prices of dhotis are $30 for adults, $20 for youth (ages 10 to 15) and $17 for children below 10 years of age. We are also glad to inform that we have an anonymous generous donor who would be sponsoring these pujan clothes for anyone who signs up to perform Abhishek in mandir ji on 5 days (excluding Sundays and Paryushans) by December 2019.
- Sign up for the dhoti-dupatta by responding to this email
- Collect the set in SJM on Sunday September 2nd and 9th between 1 pm and 2 pm
What is Hathkargha?
SJM had exhibition in temple about the Hathkargha initiative in July – It is a pro-bono initiative that was inspired by Acharya Shri Vidhyasagar Ji Maharaj’s pravachan and produces pure vegetarian, cruelty free clothing and more products. Currently these centers are providing employment to over 600 members while over 40 members taught the skills have started their own centers in various cities.
Their mission is to provide self-employment opportunities to youth, stopping migration away from villages, providing alternate options of earning to farmers, providing employment to educated yet unemployed youth, stopping exploitation of labor by valuing and respecting their work, promoting vegetarian products and making them accessible to each and every one. Please find more details about them through below links:
YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/nmxqnYird54
Acharya Shri Vidhyasagar Ji Maharaj said: “Khadi lagaoge to ahimsak tatva milega, aarogya dhaam banega aur sav-aashrit banoge. Charo aur faili nirasha aur garibi ka yeh ek matra nirakaran hai”
The above in itself is great inspiration to support the initiative and SJM highly believes in Hathkargha’s mission so below are some of the most important reasons why you should be buying these dhotis:
- These clothes are made by pure vegetarian and non-violent methodology. These products do not use the industrial method of sizing which uses tallow (animal fats) but rather use vegetable based starch.
- These clothes are made of 100% cotton and do not mix polyesters, terracotta etc so are much more healthy and beneficial.
- These clothes are made by processes that do not harm environment in any way. They are hand crafted without using electricity in villages are previously unemployed labors so promoting rural prosperity.
- The production process at shramdaan does not emit any amount of Carbon di oxide.
- Shramdaan processes use 500 to 1000 liters of water for producing 1 kg fabric while industries use 20000 liters for the same.
- Last but not the least going back to handlooms teaches us about the eternal beauty of India’s rich culture and traditions.
Once again, you can sign up for the dhoti-dupatta by responding to this email and collect them from stalls in SJM on Sunday September 2nd and 9th between 1 pm and 2 pm. LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE! For any questions and testimonials please connect directly with Vijay ji Jain at 647-987-8643.
Save the date: Temple will be open everyday during Paryushan Mahaparva from September 14th to 23rd. Jalyatra for Paryushan will be on September 30th.
VP Communication and Media
Sri Jain Mandir Toronto
247 Park Lawn Road, Toronto