Friday September 5th
One California Street, 21st floor
Downtown San Francisco
SOCAP Shabbat brings the Jewish community together to explore impact investing after the annual SOCAP Conference (Social Capital) in San Francisco.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Space is limited, all attendees must be registered.
Thank you to our generous cosponsors!
Thank you to Ascent for hosting SOCAP Shabbat
4:30pm Check In
4:45pm - 5:30pm Panel discussion on impact investing through a Jewish lens with:
- Daryl Messinger, Board Chair, Reform Pension Board
- Doug Kahn, Executive Director, Jewish Community Relations Council
- David Levy, Entrepreneur, Investor, Philanthropist
- Julie Hammerman, JLens Executive Director
5:30 - 7:00pm Networking reception with light kosher mediterranean dinner. Breakout discussion areas on:
- Impact Investing in Israel, facilitated by Danielle Abraham, CEO, ID2 Conference
- Impact Investing to Protect the Environment, facilitated by Dan Rosen, CEO, Solar Mosaic
- Impact Investing to Alleviate Poverty, facilitated by Beth Sirull, President, Pacific Community Ventures
What is JLens?
A nonprofit engaging the Jewish community on impact investing through a Jewish lens. JLens
provides education, consulting, and soon the first Jewish values mutual fund
What is impact investing?
Impact investing is a new take on an old concept, investing with values to make the world a better place AND meet financial goals. The historical approach of Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) has been re-oriented to seek investments that provide measurable positive social or environmental impact.
Why should I attend SOCAP Shabbat?
To learn about a rapidly growing area of the investment and philanthropy fields that is especially attractive to younger generations. To network with entrepreneurs, investors, philanthropists, and Jewish communal leaders at the FIRST event on impact investing through a Jewish lens.