Call for volunteers to join the Partnership
We are looking for local people in the mapped area of the St James Big Local to Join our Partnership steering group. Since 2012 we have been operating a steering group which meets every 6 weeks. We are now in a new phase of the project and in order to progress further we need to develop a partnership steering group.
Why do we need a partnership steering group?
We want to develop a governing group that will guide, manage and oversee the development and delivery of projects that will benefit the St James Street area.
What do we need from YOU?
- 2-3 hours of your time per month, for a minimum 1 year term
- Attendance at quarterly partnership meetings
- Interest in chairing a sub-group on one of our Wishes themes. These include: Public space improvements (e.g., art, greening); Community events; Young people; Older people; Local businesses; Health; Transport & Infrastructure; Communications; etc.
- Ability to attend and represent Big Local at community events
- A local resident in the St. James Street mapped area shown below.
- Someone who cares about improving the local area and representing the views of local people?
- Able to bring skills that are relevant to running a community programme?
- Fair, independent, committed?
How do you apply?
Please write a paragraph about yourself explaining why you are interested in the position and the skills that you will bring to the role.
You can either email it to us at email@example.com or hand it in at the Mill using the reference/title ‘St James Big Local Partnership Application’.
If this isn't for you but you can think of someone it might suit please do pass on the information. For a physical copy of this information please call Neesha Badhan 07881 015 873
There will be a short nomination, selection and appointment process.
Deadline for application: Friday 4th September 2015