The OSU Canvas team is a-buzz with activity
We are hiring AND bringing several Canvas updates this fall
I have two different items to tell you about:
1. I'm hiring an instructional technologist who will provide Canvas support to OSU instructors and staff. We are interviewing three candidates this month. I would love to have feedback from instructors. If you would like to join us to view brief presentations and participate in an interview, let me know. You may attend one, some, or all sessions. Here are the dates/times:
- Thursday Aug. 18, 9-11 am
- Friday Aug. 19, 9-11 am
- Tuesday Aug. 30, 10 am - noon
We don't have unlimited space, but I'll do my best to accommodate those who are interested. The first 2 interviews will be via Webex (hosted in LINC); the 3rd will be in-person only in LINC.
2. More details coming, but we are rolling out several integrations to Canvas in preparation for fall term. Here's an early preview, exclusive to subscribers of this list:
We'll have more details and training material in September.
- Macmillan – Launchpad and Learning Curve publisher integration tool
- Threadz – discussion forum visualization tool
- ReadSpeaker and TextAid – accessibility tools
- Interactive Video Quizzing – Kaltura’s video quizzes can be linked to the Canvas gradebook
- Turnitin Feedback Studio – a new look for Turnitin; the peer review tool will not be available
If you have any questions, just let me know.
Associate Director, Learn@OregonState
466 Learning Innovation Center (LInC)
Sign up here to receive updates on OSU Canvas
Canvas at Oregon State University