Life on the Road
We thank God for the opportunity that he has given us to travel this summer and touch bases with supporters, friends and family. Since our last update we have had the privilege of sharing from God's Word and about the church planting efforts in South Brazil in seven different churches in South Dakota, Colorado, Nebraska and Kansas. Along the way we crossed those four states plus Wyoming.
What a joy it has been to fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ and renew friendships that suffer from the restraints of distance. Please give thanks to God for his goodness expressed in these and other highlights.
- Our sister Abi graduated from CBI. We are thankful for the things that God is doing in her life, and glad we got to be there to help her celebrate.
- The camper followed us to eastern South Dakota in early May and just as we arrived in town, Dad's suburban started miss-firing. It ended up spending some extra days at the mechanic's shop and through the generosity of God's people, we were able to continue on our way. That generosity went even further when, upon our return to pick up the suburban a few days later we discovered that the bill was paid in full.
- Saying goodbye in Hot Springs was as difficult as we imagined it would be. Church family and friends who came to tell us good bye and bless us with their friendship made it a special time for all of us.
- We have always loved Rodeo Bible Camp. It became a first hand love for our kids this year too, especially ElliAnna, who was not only able to be a camper but also had a dream come true of having a horse available for her to learn on during camp.
- The newest cousin in the Johnson family was only a month old when we rolled in to her driveway in suburban Kansas City. We enjoyed getting to know her and spending time with her parents. A little KC BBQ was a nice way to finish off the weekend.
- Uncle Don let us park beside his house for four days and the kids enjoyed riding their bikes on the same sidewalks that their dad used to ride his bike. Uncle Don even got in a game of baseball with the kids. Uncle Llyod and Aunt Debora Joy were also generous in caring for us. Ken's Pizza in Hutchinson was an added treat.
- It is also refreshing to be able to pick up with good friends as if you had never been apart. Graham and Jenna, Clint and Crystal, Ryan and Christy, Tom and Rachel, and Joel and his daughter Annie all took time out of their schedules to spend with us. Our hearts are grateful for these faithful brothers and sisters in Christ who encourage us.
- And one more family reunion and a high school graduate have made the most recent weekend truly memorable. Most importantly were the public testimonies given at the Dismal River by three cousins, stating that they had decided to follow Jesus. Thank you for your testimony, girls. May you follow Christ all the days of your life.
Praise God with us for his abundant provision in our lives.
We are learning how to live in the camper again. It feels oddly smaller than it did 5 years ago. Besides taking the highway at slower speeds, we are learning to show grace to one another as we share a much smaller space. We are looking forward to a good summer and to seeing many more friends and loved ones before we are done.
Thanks again for your prayers. As we have had the chance to share personally with many, we continue to seek God's direction concerning our next place of ministry. We would appreciate your prayers as we come up on the necessity to make our decision.
Thanks for reading and praying for us. Please contact us with any questions. Thank you too for your generous and faithful giving. We are encouraged by your faithfulness.
Jonathan and Denielle Johnson
ElliAnna, Carter, Noella
DM or Tweet: @johnsonmjon