Kapa Haka in the city
Te Matatini is here till Sunday March 8. It's the first time in over 30 years that the Te Matatini National Kapa Haka Festival is back in Christchurch and is expected to bring 30,000 people to the city over the competition.
- Gate sales are available but it's cheaper to buy online before you go.
- Free car parking off Harper Avenue next to Hagley Park.
- You can take in rugs, low chairs and non-commercial food (eg.sandwiches/fruit) for picnics.
- There's a great market place area with some arts and craft stalls, information and healthy, local kai.
- Arts and cultural workshops are being held providing Maori and Southern arts and cultural experiences