Today: Come Have Fun at Our FREE Third Annual Harvest Festival!
Start your Halloween early, show your support for Elizabeth Street Garden and celebrate at our third annual Harvest Festival.
Third Annual Elizabeth Street Garden Harvest Festival —
Saturday, Oct. 24, Noon – 4:00 p.m.
Enjoy a day of FREE, fun activities for all ages, live music, and lite bites and refreshments donated by neighborhood businesses. Give back by bringing canned soups, vegetables and beans to benefit The Bowery Mission's Thanksgiving Meal.
For Green Thumbs
- Live Music performed by Jason Harrod & Friends.
- Edible Garden Tour with herbalist Kirsten Tempel.
- Cooking Demonstration using the Garden’s harvest by PUBLIC’s chef de cuisine Alan Wise.
- Designing Greeting Cards with pressed leaves by Open Window.
- Social Media Sharing Station. Tag with #elizabethstreetgarden and tell the world why the Garden is important to you!
Lite Bites and Refreshments Donated By
This FREE event is open to the public. For updated activity and event times and details, visit the Garden calendar.
- Planting Daffodil Bulbs courtesy of New Yorkers for Parks. No gardening skills required. Just the desire to get your hands in the dirt.
The Harvest Festival is the culmination of Friends of Elizabeth Street Garden's Edible Garden Lab
neighborhood-led initiative, which began in spring to engage both children and adults with the Garden as a living laboratory
and has been funded in part by a generous grant from Citizens Committee for New York City.
Volunteer Orientation, before Harvest Festival —
Saturday, Oct. 24, 11 a.m. – Noon
Volunteers keep the Garden open for our community. The more volunteers there are, the more hours the Garden can be open. Volunteering is flexible and simply involves welcoming visitors for just ONE hour at a time. Some volunteers volunteer each week, and other less frequently. Become a volunteer.
If you would like to volunteer but cannot make this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.