Dear Studio Members
It is an on-going struggle to find the vital income that Phoenix needs to continue to provide affordable studios to artists. All the income generated since the business plan was launched at the beginning of 2018, goes straight into our Planned Maintenance fund to ensure we have enough resources to pay for essential maintenance of our building. This includes upgrading windows, electricity and general keeping the building safe within legal health & safety requirements.
From 1 January 2020 the 7 remaining parking spaces at the back of the building will be rented out by a group of Phoenix studio members under a new parking scheme that artists are fully in control of. Each bay will cost £70 which is exactly half of the amount we could get from the online parking company. This reduction has been agreed due to the concern of a small number of studio members who use the parking spaces regularly. I have listened to their concerns and this is the compromise agreement. If there aren’t enough studio members for the scheme to work, then the spaces will handed over to ‘yourparkingspace’ online company. Under the new agreement we will no longer be able to offer visitor parking places as there isn’t enough to go around, therefore if you have any visitors to Phoenix, they will have to park elsewhere. If you decide to buy an annual parking permit, you will be entering into a separate contract with the artists parking scheme. It will have nothing to do with Phoenix and it is not part of your licence agreement. If you are interested in buying a parking voucher for 1 year, here are the details:
- 7 bays @ £70 per bay. This amount can be shared between artists reducing the monthly cost
- You will need to sign a year’s contract with no get out clause even if your situation changes during the year. This is to keep administration to the absolute minimum
- The monthly amount will be included in your monthly invoice. However please note this is completely separate contract with the artist parking scheme
- There will be 3 loading bays for artists to use for unloading / disabled parking. These bays will be managed by Jon
- This will run as a pilot with a review after 1 year
- Contact Emily Beaumont firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to buy a 1 year parking voucher no later than 7 October
With best wishes,
I have been going through the Studio Member’s accounts in the past week and there are a number of you with amounts outstanding on your accounts. This is usually due to the standing orders not having been updated in February 2019.
If you have received an emailed statement from me this week it is because there is an amount owing. Please open these emails and either respond directly to me with any queries or pay off the balance in the usual way.
One or two of you will be contacted separately as the amounts outstanding are due to more complex issues.
Anne Mari Barker-Davies